Author Topic: Emptying the thumbnail cache  (Read 4466 times)

magicia

Emptying the thumbnail cache
« on: September 08, 2011, 06:31:28 pm »
I just found that the DxO thumbnail cache on my computer contained over 20,000 images, most corresponding to projects that I had deleted.   I am not sure what effect, if any, the size of the cache has on the performance of DxO, but I have now cleared the cache.

This does raise the questions if the thumbnail cache does need to be cleared from time to time and if so, when this should be done?  Is there anyway that DxO can be set to do this automatically?

I would appreciate suggestions from more experienced users on how to manage the cache.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 08:39:11 pm by magicia »

magicia

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 08:37:51 pm »
I accidentally posted this to the FilmPack Windows Versions forum. It should be in the Windows Versions forum.  my apologies for any confusion caused.

bbateman

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 10:51:19 pm »
Quote from: magicia;32173
I just found that the DxO thumbnail cache on my computer contained over 20,000 images, most corresponding to projects that I had deleted.   I am not sure what effect, if any, the size of the cache has on the performance of DxO, but I have now cleared the cache.

This does raise the questions if the thumbnail cache does need to be cleared from time to time and if so, when this should be done?  Is there anyway that DxO can be set to do this automatically?

I would appreciate suggestions from more experienced users on how to manage the cache.

where would I find this cache? have searched the DXO folder!

Thanks,
Bill

magicia

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 03:38:54 am »
Bill

The cache comprises two folders in

appdata\\Local\\DxO_labs\\DataCache

The folders may be hidden, so \'show hidden folders\' has to be activated in whatever version of Windows you are using.

trehug

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 04:45:25 pm »
How does one empty the DXO thumbnail cache, please?

photography
photography