Author Topic: Move to folder/trash  (Read 2044 times)

davidww1

Move to folder/trash
« on: April 27, 2010, 05:29:27 pm »
I\'m basing this request on a recent project, plus a December query in the Tips forum - someone asked how to delete duds and was told to go back to another application.

As you work through a project in DOP, you inevitably find clunkers that you missed in the initial sort - and sometimes there are a lot of clunkers so bad that there is no reason to save them. It would be nice to have a menu item whereby selected items or items that have been marked \'no processing\' could be moved to another folder or directly to the trash. This could be a key-modified variant on the X now accompanying the thumbnail, and function like iTunes\' "Remove from Library"/"Remove to Trash" command, so clicking the X would still remove the item from the project, but Command-X would remove the item to the Trash.

Disc space is cheap now, but I still don\'t want to archive 14MB files that have no conceivable use.

David
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 08:38:30 pm by davidww1 »

Ezio Armando

Agree -- I want the "really delete" option
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 10:27:26 pm »
+1

Agree --  I want the "really delete" option

Ezio Armando

goetz47

Re: Move to folder/trash
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 05:57:36 pm »
That's what I wait for!! Often I can assess a picture only after having seen it in DOP. Only to mark or to remove from the project makes it necessary, to delet the pictures separately from the HD - very uncomfortable.

Bencsi

Re: Move to folder/trash
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 01:44:58 pm »
Hi Guys,

You can select any image by stars during the review and later go to the Filmstrip Filter and deselect the unmarked ( NO STAR ) -> and last Delete.If you want to delete from HDD, keep the selection valid and jump to the Folder view. All images will be visible there and you can delete the set in one step.
I agree, this is not exactly your wish, but you can save time this way anyhow. By the way, the procedure is same in case of non processed images deletion, go to Filmstrip Filter and deselect all processed images. The rest is similar as mentioned above.

Endre
Win7/64 PC, i7-3770, 3.9GHz, 24G RAM, Intel HD-4000 GPU, 27" calibrated LG monitor 1920*1080 px res. 82 DPI

photography