Author Topic: DxO v5.1 Crashes  (Read 3560 times)

Alan9940

DxO v5.1 Crashes
« on: June 22, 2008, 10:20:57 pm »
Just upgraded to v5.1 (build 6815) this morning, worked on a couple of images, renamed my project from "Untitled" to a more meaningful name, then exited out of DxO when done. This afternoon I wanted to work on a few additional images, but now when I click on the File System button the software just crashes! :confused: I\'ve tried clicking on this button with and without the project open, no difference; still crashes! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Thank you.

AlexandreG

• Customer Care
DxO v5.1 Crashes
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 05:36:44 pm »
Please contact tech support here  http://help.dxo.com/uniform/?lang=en

and send us the following information:

System profile :
1)      From your \'Hard Drive\' go to the \'Applications/Utilities/\' folder and run
the "System Profiler".
2)      From the "System Profiler" menu choose \'View\' and make sure \'Full
Profile\' is selected.
3)      From the "System Profiler" menu choose \'File\' and then \'Save\'

Thank you.

Regards,
Alexandre

Alan9940

DxO v5.1 Crashes
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 01:17:54 am »
Hello Alexandre,

I had already contacted support under . I forwarded my System Profile via reply to the initial "Thank you for contacting support" e-mail. Please look for it under the aforementioned reference number. If you cannot find it, please provide a direct e-mail address and I will send to it.

I look forward to a speedy resolution to this issue as DxO is currently useless to me.

Regards,
Alan Huntley

P.S. You didn\'t specify a save format so I let it default to XML. Let me know if you need some other format.

Alan9940

DxO v5.1 Crashes
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 01:28:13 am »
Hello, again, Alexandre,

This is very odd... After sending the profile and replying to you above, just for the heck of it I fired up DxO clicked on the FileSystem icon and it\'s working now! Tried doing this both with a project open and closed and it worked just fine. I\'m really confused now!

I didn\'t restart my computer or do any updates or anything else since yesterday. I was removing some projects yesterday and noticed that the Recent Projects list still listed one of the projects removed so I did a "Clear Menu". Don\'t know if this had anything to do with it, but perhaps there is an odd confluence of steps that I did that caused the issue. I would appreciate it if DxO support would still review my case because it doesn\'t give me a good feeling that the software works one way one day and another on another day with no apparent changes or reason.

Regards,
Alan Huntley

Alan9940

DxO v5.1 Crashes
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 01:41:55 am »
Sorry, Alexandre, me again...

I\'m still playing around with the software... I noticed that the View Recent Projects list reveals a project name that I removed yesterday. Somehow the name or tag or something was not deleted from the database. Could this be causing my intermittent crashes? Is there any way to clean this up without wiping out the database I currently have established?

Thanks, again,
Alan Huntley

photography
photography