Author Topic: iPhoto \'08 Won\'t Recognize DXO Images  (Read 2845 times)

Nike08

iPhoto \'08 Won\'t Recognize DXO Images
« on: June 05, 2008, 01:45:59 am »
Help!  I just downloaded and installed DXO 5.1 for Mac.  It will process my jpeg images just fine, but when I try to view them in iPhoto \'08 they aren\'t recognized or found.  When I go to the Mac Finder I can run a search and I find them, but iPhoto \'08 will not open the processed images.  What is the deal?  Also, the DXO 5.1 for Windows changes the picture name to "name_DXO.jpg."  However, DXO 5.1 for Mac changes the picture name to "name.jpeg."  Is this going to cause a problem?  Thanks in advance.

atvinnys

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 08:45:53 pm »
this extension is programmed based on the output definition.
check the output profile you use to process the pictures (where you specify output directory, quality, JPG, etc...)
that\'s what the _DXO came from. (as opposed to the _RAW that was always there for raw file and can now be changed under global settings).

hope this helps
Vincent

Andy_F

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 03:02:28 am »
Compressed TIFFs and JPEGs for some reason I don\'t understand, use a different byte order.

Try opening one of these images with something that\'ll tell you what you\'ve got when you choose the image, but before you open it.  I think Paintshop Pro Photo will and Photoshop, if you open the file and then try to resave it will ask if you have a mismatch.  

Some other software that escapes me at the moment, also is capable of telling you this.

photography
photography