Author Topic: Correcting Rokinon 14mm, Voightlander 15mm, Rokinon 8mm fisheye  (Read 177 times)

gstepic

I am copying and pasting a post I made in the Photolab forum because my questions may be more appropriate for this forum.

I can understand why there may not be any modules to automatically correct distortion on the lenses listed in my subject line. I am curious if the Viewpoint plug in has additional modules not listed for Photolab.

Does the Viewpoint module do a decent job correcting these lenses manually? I read a review for a Rokinon 14mm lens and the reviewer said he had heard DXO Optics 1 did a nice job. So does that mean the older program had more modules or just that it can do a nice job manually?

Bencsi

Re: Correcting Rokinon 14mm, Voightlander 15mm, Rokinon 8mm fisheye
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 11:05:20 pm »
Only manual correction available. The policy of DxO, does not support lenses, which has not enough MTF resolution. Generally, the Rokinon lenses are not supported - except the 35mm and 14mm versions.
Win7/64 PC, i7-3770, 3.9GHz, 24G RAM, Intel HD-4000 GPU, 27" calibrated LG monitor 1920*1080 px res. 82 DPI

photography