Author Topic: Video Timeout  (Read 2045 times)

martowl

Video Timeout
« on: February 06, 2018, 10:01:02 pm »
I use my DXO One for outdoor sports.  I was ski touring in CO mountains last Sunday. Using the direct wireless to start a video, the video ran only 1 min 30s before stopping. Is there a limit? I thought not, it could have been cold temps that sapped the battery. I was hoping for 5 min or so of video that I could have edited.  Any suggestions or comments?

plecourieux

• Administrator
Re: Video Timeout
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 01:35:56 pm »
Hi, The video recording  is limited to 30min so you definitively encountered an unexpected issue.
It might be due to your SD Card. Video recording might stop in case SD Card is too slow. For optimal performance we recommend the SanDisk Extreme microSD UHS-I U3. What model do you use?
Is your SD Card nearly full?
Did you already have a normal video recording usage before with the same card in other temperature conditions?
Did you notice any low battery  alert on the screen of the camera?
Thanks for your feedbacks,

martowl

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 04:10:56 am »
I cannot readily check the battery, the camera is in the Outdoor Shell, on my shoulder at 12,000 feet in the wind and cold while I am on skis. The card is a SanDisk Extreme 64GB SDXC U3, which should be plenty fast enough and was nearly empty with over 4h of video recording possible. Under better conditions, the card seems to do fine. I will be out again this weekend and try again. 

plecourieux

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 03:27:51 pm »
It seems to be linked to the cold temperature. What remains unclear for me is whether your recording has stopped or the camera itself. Were you still able to take pictures or were you unable to switch on the camera?

vinitmore

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 07:40:10 am »
hello,
the timeout on dxo is not 10 mins its 30!
it should be the cold temprature just like you mentioned must have messed up  the battery
shutting it down !
ive been using my dxo one for 6 months got no complaints!
works amazing
regards
vinitmore

Rowlett852

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2018, 11:27:47 am »
Watching videos on YouTube is one of the usual things that a lot of us do when it’s break time. From the latest tech news, daily hacks, to objective, informative, and awesome reviews, there’s always that initiative to find out whether a certain gadget is worth your hard-earned money or not.

photography
photography