Author Topic: What the heck do we need 2 forums for?  (Read 787 times)

Nick_

What the heck do we need 2 forums for?
« on: June 29, 2018, 01:44:06 pm »
Hi all

Obviously the two are managed and moderated by different people and they ignore each other. The old one is called “DxO forum” and the new “DxO forums”. Under normal conditions a company upgrades the existing forum if it feels it’s obsolete. It doesn’t create a new one out of the blue without informing the legacy subscribers about the creation of a new one and it doesn’t let the two live their own life. The old one may look a bit outdated but I find the new extremely confusing.
That means there are within DxO two competing teams trying to attract subscribers to their own forum. It’s a waste of resources that are already scarce. It’s a sign the company is in a dysfunctional state.
Moreover it has been months since the company entered in receivership and there is no news an investor is willing to put cash into it.
Is there a (competent) pilot in the plane?
Nick

MikeFromMesa

Re: What the heck do we need 2 forums for?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 03:17:16 pm »
I have seen the multiple posts from people saying that they prefer this forum to the "new" one, and that is fine. People should use whatever forum they wish, but I will repeat what I posted before. I have actually received responses from Dxo support to posts about PhotoLab issues on the new forum that I have repeatedly posted here without any responses from them. It seems as though they are paying attention to that forum, but not to this one.

Yes, the new forum is a bit confusing but if I can get answers from Dxo developers to questions on that forum, then I can figure out how to use it as well. YMMV.

Nick_

Re: What the heck do we need 2 forums for?
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 11:47:33 am »
My question relates to the mess it supposes in the company.
I feel extremely pessimistic.
Nick

photography