Author Topic: The other forum  (Read 1809 times)

MikeFromMesa

The other forum
« on: June 19, 2018, 03:44:59 pm »
I created an account on the other Dxo forum and posted the same kinds of questions I have been posting on this forum for years, but on that forum I actually got responses from the Dxo folks. I guess they are paying attention to that forum and not this one.

Perhaps the complaints that Dxo does not listen to its customers has to do with this not being the best forum to use?

Nick_

Re: The other forum
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 02:28:00 pm »
The fact is that I feel rather demotivated about DxO and its products. I didn't create an account on the other forum. I don't understand it's purpose and I don't really feel like trying to find out. It's just one more forum to contribute to and anyway I find it extremely confusing.
Maybe I'll give it a shot someday.
Nick
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 01:54:32 pm by Nick_ »

MikeFromMesa

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 03:02:01 pm »
The fact is that I rather demotivated about DxO and its products. I didn't create an account on the other forum. I don't understand it's purpose and I don't really feel like trying to find out. It's just one more forum to contribute to and anyway I find it extremely confusing.
Maybe I'll give it a shot someday.
Nick
It is a lot more active than this one and the questions and comments that I posted on it, some of which were the same ones that I posted to this forum, have drawn not only comments from general users but from the Dxo staff itself. They apparently are watching that forum, even if not this one.

Still, whatever works for you ...

Bencsi

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 04:49:36 pm »
@Nick_

This forum management has been finished one year ago. At that time DxO stuff decided to start a new one, rather repair this platform. I'm afraid it was decision based on missing stuff.
The other forum took over the role and even have more group for new customers ( e.g. NIK product ).
It is your decision to leave or stay. I hope the new forum will be active, to discuss each other who are still using and prefer DxO products for RAW image conversion. I do not able to make quantity editing in so short time as PhotoLab does. All other software has several advantage, but the flexible tool layout and the rendering independently from quick preview are my main argument to stay at DxO. OK, I'm not perfectly satisfied. However, this product has acceptable weakness and the missing functions are available from several other - mostly free - source.

Endre
Win7/64 PC, i7-3770, 3.9GHz, 24G RAM, Intel HD-4000 GPU, 27" calibrated LG monitor 1920*1080 px res. 82 DPI

Nick_

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2018, 10:31:45 am »
OK, I'll give it a try.
Nick

John7

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2018, 10:55:12 am »
For what ever reason this forum is much more active than the new one. I find the "old" one easier to use and as more users would tend to post here rather than there!

Nick_

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2018, 10:39:05 am »
For what ever reason this forum is much more active than the new one. I find the "old" one easier to use and as more users would tend to post here rather than there!
I have the same feelings.
Nick

picman

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2018, 06:19:04 pm »
I have the same feelings.
Nick

Same here.

Nick_

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2018, 02:05:49 pm »
So it's almost official: this forum is left adrift by DxO and they will make it sink some day.
What a disgrace!  So irresponsible!
Nick

photography