Author Topic: ViewPoint in PhotoLab?  (Read 472 times)

MikeFromMesa

ViewPoint in PhotoLab?
« on: June 15, 2018, 04:13:53 pm »
I was looking over the "other" Dxo forum and noticed a posting in the PhotoLab for Windows section. The poster had asked about activating ViewPoint in PhotoLab and got a response saying that if he/she activated ViewPoint in PhotoLab they would make the ViewPoint panel available in PhotoLab.

I have ViewPoint and PhotoLab on my system, ViewPoint is active, but I can find no ViewPoint panel. Is there a ViewPoint panel for PhotoLab? Or only the "parallel" and "rectangular" alignment controls in the menu bar at the top of the application?

Asser

Re: ViewPoint in PhotoLab?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 08:28:21 pm »
At least on windows there is this ViewPoint panel:

MikeFromMesa

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 11:08:50 pm »

Thank you for the photo. I have been looking for a panel with the name Dxo ViewPoint, but have not been able to find one. On the other hand the Mac version looks like this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ziy15b1hyh6ek4/PhotoLab-Mac.jpg?dl=0

I uploaded an image to the forum but could find no way to add it to the post. Must be missing something.

Perhaps there is no actual "Dxo ViewPoint" panel since there is some of the same icons on the menu. However there is no Up/Down, Left/Right or H/V Ratio entries.

Asser

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 11:31:02 pm »
There is a + button in the lower right corner of the Perspective and Volume Deformation panels in your photo. Did you try to click on these buttons? Maybe it will reveal something.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 11:35:36 pm by Asser »

MikeFromMesa

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2018, 02:25:55 am »
There is a + button in the lower right corner of the Perspective and Volume Deformation panels in your photo. Did you try to click on these buttons? Maybe it will reveal something.
Well, how about that!

I have been using this product since about version 6 or 7 of Optics Pro and I never noticed that before. Clicking on the "+" opens up the missing entries. Thanks so much.

So I guess there is no ViewPoint panel in the Mac version, but the functionality is still there, buried hither and yon ...

Sigi

• Gallery
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2018, 09:25:15 am »
MikeFromMesa,

this little "+" sign is also in other sections - look for it:)

photography