Author Topic: What is the keyboard shortcut to show the U-Point mask?  (Read 939 times)

MrCortex

What is the keyboard shortcut to show the U-Point mask?
« on: June 07, 2018, 02:30:46 am »
I see the announcement that there is one, but can't find any information on what exactly it is.

Asser

Re: What is the keyboard shortcut to show the U-Point mask?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 07:06:09 am »
Shift+M
I would make such a great functionality more obvious by offering a toggle button in a toolbar for it.

sgospodarenko

• DxO tester (Win version)
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 09:29:50 am »
Hello,

Actually the key is reflected in the Help panel for all the Local tools. You can use Shift+M or simply M (easier to click) to hide/display the mask for any tool, Upoint inclusively.

Regards,
Svetlana G.
Regards,
Svetlana G.

tkpmep

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018, 01:11:01 am »
I'm afraid it doesn't seem to work quite right: hitting M or Shift-M does absolutely nothing to the mask. If I hover over the control point, the mask shows up. If I move my mouse away, the mask disappears (as does the control point). If I click on the control point, the control point darkens and the equalizer becomes visible. If I now hit E, the equalizer is alternately made visible and invisible. Under other circumstances the equalizer is not affected by hitting E. Clicking on the E in the help panel does nothing at all, as does clicking on the M in the help panel. I thought there was going to be a way to view the true edges of the auto mask, but I have not been able to find it. Any thoughts on what might be going on here?

John7

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2018, 04:27:46 pm »
I am most unimpressed by this new addition
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 05:00:38 pm by John7 »

mwsilvers

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2018, 07:03:02 pm »
I'm afraid it doesn't seem to work quite right: hitting M or Shift-M does absolutely nothing to the mask. If I hover over the control point, the mask shows up. If I move my mouse away, the mask disappears (as does the control point). If I click on the control point, the control point darkens and the equalizer becomes visible. If I now hit E, the equalizer is alternately made visible and invisible. Under other circumstances the equalizer is not affected by hitting E. Clicking on the E in the help panel does nothing at all, as does clicking on thde M in the help panel. I thought there was going to be a way to view the true edges of the auto mask, but I have not been able to find it. Any thoughts on what might be going on here?

Hmmm. If I'm in local adjustments and  and I'm using control points, as opposed to an auto mask, and the center point is selected  and use the M key it shows the area affected in gray-scale. It also turns the blue mask mask off and on in auto mask. This is on a Windows 10 machine. I think the confusion  may be related to the term control point  which is a type of masking seperate from suto masking  and apparently also used to describe the selectable point in the middle of a mask.

sgospodarenko

• DxO tester (Win version)
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 11:17:42 am »
I'm afraid it doesn't seem to work quite right: hitting M or Shift-M does absolutely nothing to the mask. If I hover over the control point, the mask shows up. If I move my mouse away, the mask disappears (as does the control point). If I click on the control point, the control point darkens and the equalizer becomes visible. If I now hit E, the equalizer is alternately made visible and invisible. Under other circumstances the equalizer is not affected by hitting E. Clicking on the E in the help panel does nothing at all, as does clicking on the M in the help panel. I thought there was going to be a way to view the true edges of the auto mask, but I have not been able to find it. Any thoughts on what might be going on here?

Hello,
Well, E the same as M or Shift+M works only for the active gizmo. This means that you should first select the gizmo you want to see the equalizer or a mask for and then use a proper shortcut. If your gizmos are inactive you can't enable either the equalizer or the mask.

Regards,
Svetlana G.
Regards,
Svetlana G.

photography