Author Topic: Windows 10-64 installation difficulty of PhotoLab update.  (Read 886 times)

Mack

Windows 10-64 installation difficulty of PhotoLab update.
« on: June 06, 2018, 07:51:04 pm »
Having an issue trying to do the update in Windows 10-64 latest version to latest PhotoLab.

Program will not install with this:

"DxO PhotoLab Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error. Your system has not been modified.  To install this program at a later time, run Setup Wizard again.  Click the Finish button to exit the Setup Wizard."

Ideas?

I switched off Windows Anti-Virus and it acts like it is going to install, and then some pop-up saying:

"There was an error creating a temporary file that is needed to complete this installation." and it rolls back and uninstalls itself completely even from desktop.

Tia.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 08:09:12 pm by Mack »

Bencsi

Re: Windows 10-64 installation difficulty of PhotoLab update.
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 10:53:54 pm »
Have a look on the file c:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Local\Temp\photolab1_install_log.log
Hopefully you will see some entries with the word "error".

By the way, if the temporary file creation was the source of the trouble, you should check the size of Windows scratch drive. It is 128 MB as default only, but some application stop when reach the limit. The drive is on your OS hardware as a separate partition called Data. To increase its size, you have to designate a drive letter first, then you can extend the size. My actual size is ~1GB and did not experienced any trouble anymore.

Endre
Win7/64 PC, i7-3770, 3.9GHz, 24G RAM, Intel HD-4000 GPU, 27" calibrated LG monitor 1920*1080 px res. 82 DPI

sgospodarenko

• DxO tester (Win version)
  • Global Moderator
Re: Windows 10-64 installation difficulty of PhotoLab update.
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 10:27:04 am »
Having an issue trying to do the update in Windows 10-64 latest version to latest PhotoLab.

Program will not install with this:

"DxO PhotoLab Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error. Your system has not been modified.  To install this program at a later time, run Setup Wizard again.  Click the Finish button to exit the Setup Wizard."

Ideas?

I switched off Windows Anti-Virus and it acts like it is going to install, and then some pop-up saying:

"There was an error creating a temporary file that is needed to complete this installation." and it rolls back and uninstalls itself completely even from desktop.

Tia.

Hello Mack,

Could you, please, submit a ticket here - https://support.dxo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and provide them with the installation log (Bencsi pointed the path).

Thank you
Regards,
Svetlana G.
Regards,
Svetlana G.

photography
photography