Author Topic: ViewPoint 3  (Read 640 times)

MikeFromMesa

ViewPoint 3
« on: June 02, 2018, 07:22:11 pm »
I have been testing ViewPoint 3 to use as a tool in correction some fisheye images. I use a fisheye lens for pano shots instead of stitching several shots together, and generally that yields a very nice result. ViewPoint 3 does a very good job when given the original ORF for the correction information.

However when I use it with CaptureOne I get very odd results. I load a FE raw image in C1, send a 16 bit tiff to ViewPoint 3, adjust it and return the rectilinear image back to C1, but if I save it as a 16 bit tiff C1 is unable to properly read it and all I see is a very small image which I assume is an embedded thumbnail. If I save the image as an 8 bit tiff instead I do not have this issue.

Has anyone used ViewPoint in connection with C1? And, if so, can anyone enlighten me as to what is going on?

MarieC

• DxO Staff
Re: ViewPoint 3
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 10:56:19 am »
Hello,

we will analyse your problem.
Can you send us a tiff image (RAW + tiff from C1) so we can be sure to test the right thing ?

Regards,

MikeFromMesa

Re: ViewPoint 3
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 03:49:41 pm »
Hello,

we will analyse your problem.
Can you send us a tiff image (RAW + tiff from C1) so we can be sure to test the right thing ?
I apologize for the late response, but I sent the original email the day before I left on a trip and have only now returned.

Upon return I found a new version of ViewPoint 3 and installed it. The problem that I had seen prior to downloading the new version now seems to have disappeared so there is nothing for me to send to you. If I see the problem again I will gather the images and send them to you.

Thank you for your response.

photography
photography