Author Topic: Dx0 in administration? Is this the end for photo lab?  (Read 3960 times)

embe71

Re: Dx0 in administration? Is this the end for photo lab?
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2018, 04:20:16 pm »
It's more than ridiculous to delay the support for one more month...
That's the end of using Photolab for me. With Lightroom's new and much better auto-exposure algorithms since the last release the only thing where Photolab did still shine for me was PRIME and corrections for lens distorsion. But those two points don't make it up when you have to wait nearly half a year for your camera to be supported.

LarryW

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2018, 04:01:56 am »
As a pure guess based on my experience with companies declaring Chapter 11 in the US, this reorganization have have legal requirements that no further updates are allowed because legal financial statements have to show actual value, debt, sales, projections, etc as of a specific date. I don't know if French law is the same but it wouldn't surprise me.

DxO had a late April update scheduled which is also the date range that Capture One had. So, if they'd been on target they'd have released in April too so would not have been later than CO. Giving them the benefit of the doubt.

That being said, I hope in the future they will be on the cutting edge of new camera and lens updates and even software updates.

geoffcbassett

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2018, 02:18:14 pm »
Just wanted to chime in that I rooting for you guys. Photolab is by far my favorite raw editor and I'm crossing my fingers still for support for my A7III so I can keep using it.

Keep up the great work and good luck!

sgospodarenko

• DxO tester (Win version)
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2018, 03:02:42 pm »
Just wanted to chime in that I rooting for you guys. Photolab is by far my favorite raw editor and I'm crossing my fingers still for support for my A7III so I can keep using it.

Keep up the great work and good luck!

Hello,

Thank you for the support. And by the way Sony A7III is announced in PL1.2 here - https://www.dxo.com/us/about/news

Regards,
Svetlana G.
Regards,
Svetlana G.

LarryW

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2018, 12:46:13 am »
According to the news release they hoped for a few weeks. It's now been about 2 1/2 months. I hope that's just a sign they were overly optimistic on time.

Or is it that it's not going as planned and there is now a question of sustainability?

Please let it be the first.....

Allsop

• Andrew-Bede Allsop
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2018, 06:56:35 am »
Time for a definitive statement from PhotoLab I think, we customers deserve to be kept up to date and told what is happening especially regarding development of support for cameras and lenses. It is very frustrating not knowing if a particular piece of kit, in my case a Panasonic DX-TC 90< is going to be supported.
It is all part of the rich tapestry of life.

pavelzet

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2018, 08:42:10 am »
Exactly. I recently purchased PhotoLab Elite. I wanted to buy - Filmpack and Viewpoint or exchange for additional payment - DxO Suite. Silence, zero information is not good. I am waiting with the decision for official info. But I'm also thinking about buying Creative Cloud or Capture One. It's very frustrating. I bought your product in good faith. The first information on bankruptcy appeared a few days later. Although the proceedings have been going on for some time. Not nice. I apologize for poor English

sgospodarenko

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2018, 09:58:40 am »
Hello guys,

The information about the release posted in the dxo.com site is the official one. We postponed the release to add some more bodies and polish the new features.

Right now we are working on the new version of PhotoLab and Nik and calibrating new cameras and lenses.

This is all I can say now.

Regards,
Svetlana G.
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Bencsi

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2018, 02:11:20 pm »
Hi Unpassion Guys,

I understand, you would like to get positive news about your favourite photo application manager company. If any of you were in similar situation, can easily understand the reason of silence.

Who bought the software in the last 2 month - I think - got a working software. Everyone ( incl. me ) would be happy to see the progress of the PL development, but actually it is not cleared yet. In the worst case, we can use our property and if getting trouble because the lack of new camera+lens module - search a new application. I think it doesn't help too much to blame day by day the only information resource of DxO.

Keep calm, and keep fingers cross to expect positive solution of the DxO trouble.

Endre
Win7/64 PC, i7-3770, 3.9GHz, 24G RAM, Intel HD-4000 GPU, 27" calibrated LG monitor 1920*1080 px res. 82 DPI

embe71

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2018, 10:53:46 am »
I don't have any working DxO software because my camera (Lumix G9, the Panasonic Flagship for photography) isn't supported since over 7 months(!) now. That's ridiculous...

What I have is working Adobe Software (LR CC Classic/LR CC) which I used only as a DAM before. But I think I will finally switch completely too it since DxO's support for new camera models seems to take longer an longer with any update. At least longer as any competitor even besides Adobe.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 10:55:17 am by embe71 »

Andreas Yankopolus

• Personal home page
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2018, 02:04:22 pm »
I don't have any working DxO software because my camera (Lumix G9, the Panasonic Flagship for photography) isn't supported since over 7 months(!) now. That's ridiculous...]

I'm in the same boat having swapped out my EM-5 for a G9 earlier this year. G9s have been in the hands of reviewers since late 2017. That it's not yet been supported in PhotoLab is inexcusable.

PhotoLab would do very well to offer basic conversions for any camera supported by the operating system and enhanced support once DxO's engineers have gotten a chance to profile the camera and lenses. This would also allow usage of PhotoLab with older cameras that DxO will likely never get around to profiling.

sgospodarenko

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2018, 03:29:47 pm »
Hello guys,

Let's be honest, it's the first long delay of delivering new bodies by DxO and there is an objective reason for that (reorganization of the company). At the same time, with this release we will deliver a larger number of bodies due to the delay.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Regards,
Svetlana G.
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Mopnex

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2018, 10:07:11 pm »
Svetlana and team,

Many thanks for long-awaited update which includes Panasonic TZ90.

Hope you will make it and will continue growing with the community.

sgospodarenko

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2018, 09:25:34 am »
Svetlana and team,

Many thanks for long-awaited update which includes Panasonic TZ90.

Hope you will make it and will continue growing with the community.

Thank you  :)
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Allsop

• Andrew-Bede Allsop
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2018, 07:29:59 am »
Hooray! Panasonic TZ90 at last. :-) Thanks.
It is all part of the rich tapestry of life.

photography