Author Topic: Dx0 in administration? Is this the end for photo lab?  (Read 3962 times)

katastrofa

Re: Dx0 in administration? Is this the end for photo lab?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 12:50:58 am »
 :(

Pieloe

sgospodarenko

• DxO tester (Win version)
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 09:24:47 am »
Hello,

Please, do not panic  ;)  Soon you will get the info.

Regards,
Svetlana G.
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Bencsi

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 03:38:20 pm »
 ???  I hope a good news.

Endre
Win7/64 PC, i7-3770, 3.9GHz, 24G RAM, Intel HD-4000 GPU, 27" calibrated LG monitor 1920*1080 px res. 82 DPI

sgospodarenko

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 03:45:19 pm »
Should be  :)
Regards,
Svetlana G.

sgospodarenko

• Global Moderator
Regards,
Svetlana G.

roeslewf

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2018, 01:22:39 pm »
That is really good news. Could you please elaborate a bit on how Photolab and the new Nik Software Collection will interact and supplement each other. There seems a broad range of overlapping features. Thanks!

Bencsi

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2018, 03:23:45 pm »
Dear Svetlana,

Thanks the advice link. Hopefully, you should find some financial solution to continue your mission. Fortunately, your recent products have a good reputation and the user base will be expanding, if the mobile image editing should be a new trend. It is clear, you can not foreseen the future exactly, however we keep our finger cross to solve the actual problems.

Really best regards

Endre
Win7/64 PC, i7-3770, 3.9GHz, 24G RAM, Intel HD-4000 GPU, 27" calibrated LG monitor 1920*1080 px res. 82 DPI

sgospodarenko

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2018, 08:39:46 am »
Hello guys,

Thank you for the support. Right now I'm not allowed to tell about the roadmap of NIK+PL but as you can see from the release they are going to be developed.

I'll keep you informed.

Regards,
Svetlana G.
Regards,
Svetlana G.

SlowEddie

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2018, 01:09:37 pm »
We'll all be here!

LarryW

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2018, 05:44:11 pm »
While all this latest news is encouraging I'd still love to see a release for new cameras, especially Panasonic G9.

Is there some reason new camera update couldn't be released before June?  Or are there legal requirements that prevent it?

Allsop

• Andrew-Bede Allsop
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2018, 06:50:41 am »
While all this latest news is encouraging I'd still love to see a release for new cameras, especially Panasonic G9.

Is there some reason new camera update couldn't be released before June?  Or are there legal requirements that prevent it?
I have posted elsewhere about new camera support and that is a big issue for me with regard to PhotoLab as it means that if you want to shoot in RAW and one of your cameras is unsupported you need an alternative app. I can use PhotoLab with my Canon 70D but not with my Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ90 and who knows when and if the latter will be supported!
It is all part of the rich tapestry of life.

NinetyEight

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2018, 12:01:09 pm »

I have posted elsewhere about new camera support and that is a big issue for me with regard to PhotoLab as it means that if you want to shoot in RAW and one of your cameras is unsupported you need an alternative app. I can use PhotoLab with my Canon 70D but not with my Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ90 and who knows when and if the latter will be supported!

Think yourself lucky you don't have a Fuji X camera, I doubt there will ever be support for these   :(.

On topic  ;) , I hope DxO continues as it has indicated, complete with the recently aquired Nik software integration. At least I can use this on my Nikon D810 and old Canon files.

Andreas Yankopolus

• Personal home page
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2018, 04:28:06 pm »

Lack of G9 is ridiculous at this point. The camera has been in the hands of reviewers since late 2017. We're now in the fifth month of 2018.

A lack of generic DNG support for working with files from older cameras is also very frustrating. Aperture had a very good approach to this: it would render and allow editing of any DNG file, then offered enhanced support once/if Apple profiled the camera.

photography
photography