Author Topic: lost all .DoP ....  (Read 591 times)

AlexM

lost all .DoP ....
« on: April 12, 2018, 08:33:45 pm »
Hello ,
I was working since severals days on files in a folder .
DXO may have crash ( I am quite not sure what happens), but what I am sure, is that there is no .dop files in the folder I was working on .
So all my work is gone .
Is there any place where all setting are stored before been writing in the .dop files ?
Is there any way to found all thoses settings done during the past days ?

I have export some files in .TIFF, I don't know if I some setting could be extrat from thoses .TIFF.

MikeFromMesa

Re: lost all .DoP ....
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 08:42:30 pm »
Have you looked at them in PhotoLab since they dop files disappeared? It has been my experience that the changes are also saved in the database and, if the dop files are gone, the edits still will show up if you open PhotoLab to examine them.

I am not certain about this but I know that if I make some changes to my photos, remove the .dop files and restart PL the changes still show up.

AlexM

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 08:54:02 pm »
Hello
Yes I have look at them in Photolab .. that's where I has discovered that all my settings had disapeared.
Then I went (with Finder) look in the folder to check the .DOP, and I realized that had disapeared ... nothing !
Yesterday I did export some of the files in TIFF , and even the .dop for thoses are not there...

LCDI

• Mac test leader
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.dxo.com
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 09:38:22 am »
Did you take a look in the preference ? (Menu [DxO PhotoLab/Preference/Advanced/]

You have 2 check box about sidecars management.
At least "Automatically Export sidecars" should be checked.

PAt

photography