Author Topic: Issue with optical module  (Read 292 times)

sgoldkuhle

Issue with optical module
« on: April 06, 2018, 09:39:03 pm »
Hi,
Using a Canon 80D + Canon EF-S 10-18 f/4,5 5,6 IS STM I have an issue in my Mac installation.
This body/lens combination is available and downloaded.

On the thumbnails in the pic-browser I'm getting a flag (green camera-symbol and arrow down), that an optical module is available for download and I should click on the symbol to download.
The module manager, which is opening afterwards, won't show any module to install or update.
I removed the lens module from the installed-list and re-installed, but nothing changed.
The problem occurs only at older photos. I took a new with this lens and it's working well.
In the EXIF Editor there only is written "10-18mm f/4,5-5,6", instead of "Canon 10-18 f/4,5-5,6 IS STM"
On my second installation (Win 10) it's working well (also older photos)

Are there a hint to resolve this issue?

Regards Stefan
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 10:02:22 pm by sgoldkuhle »

Asser

Re: Issue with optical module
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 12:11:46 am »
There is a bug in the current version at least on windows, which shows similiar sympthoms. Did you try to rename the folder which contains the photo? Or if there is an xmp sidecar to move it temporarly out of folder? There were several reports that the database breaks under some unknown conditions, which should be solved with next version.

sgoldkuhle

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 11:55:59 am »
> Did you try to rename the folder which contains the photo?

No

>Or if there is an xmp sidecar to move it temporarly out of folder?

only, *.dob files

>There were several reports that the database breaks under some unknown conditions, which
should be solved with next version.

ok, I will wait for it.

ColinG

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 06:15:32 pm »
Do we know when there will be a next version? I love PL but DxO do keep development something of a secret! In fact I do worry a little - I have asked a couple of times about that video tutorial that does not work. Apparently the devs are looking into this and that has been for weeks. Not good.

photography