Author Topic: Where is IPTC and Full EXIF Info?  (Read 666 times)

danieljcox

Where is IPTC and Full EXIF Info?
« on: March 22, 2018, 03:52:36 pm »
I'm hoping I'm completely blind or stupid or both but can anyone tell me where IPTC and full EXIF data is hidden in PhotoLab? I'm concerned it's not there since I'm opening images in PhotoLab coming from Mylio and Mylio has the caption. On export from Mylio I check the image info in Apple's Preview and all is listed with no issues. Yet when I Export the image from DXO PhotoLab the caption is gone! I started looking throughout the PhotoLab UI to see if the caption was following the image over from Mylio but I cant find anything that will allow me to confirm that. If PhotoLab does not retain and Export captions and other Metadata on Export I now have to start looking for a different RAW editor. Captions are too difficult and tedious to have to do the whole damn process again just because Photolab  doesn't support them. I hope I'm wrong. Anyone else have these issues?

Sigi

• Gallery
Re: Where is IPTC and Full EXIF Info?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 07:07:02 pm »
Hi,

EXIF info is not deleted when you export. I have never had an issue with it, EXIF was always retained in the exported files.
BUT please make sure that you don't have ticked the "Remove EXIF info" in the export window.

Sigi

Bencsi

Re: Where is IPTC and Full EXIF Info?
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 10:08:20 am »
Hi Daniel,

I suppose you edited a JPG file included the modified Caption field text. In my test run, the Caption field of IPTC data has been saved by PL to a new JPG file. I think, you can test again the Caption field content with a third party image viewer before and after LR processing.

Endre
Win7/64 PC, i7-3770, 3.9GHz, 24G RAM, Intel HD-4000 GPU, 27" calibrated LG monitor 1920*1080 px res. 82 DPI

photography
photography