Author Topic: Colour rendering  (Read 833 times)

canuck257

Colour rendering
« on: March 16, 2018, 04:25:26 am »
When applying colour rendering using the "Auto" setting does PL automatically apply the correct camera body/lens adjustment or do I have to select the Body, Rendering and Intensity manually?

canuck257

Re: Colour rendering
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 06:40:05 pm »
Anyone Please?

Asser

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 08:43:53 pm »
Just try it out. If auto rendering differs from the specific body rendering, then they are not equal.
I keep it always on auto, except if I do not like the colors I see.

Bencsi

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 11:22:21 pm »
@canuck257

The RAW converter apps normally makes a recalculation of every RGB data. The conversion table based on the test images made with the particular body + lens combination. Of course, the input data should influence the result, but generally the Auto means the best fidelity measured compare to the test images.
Let me draw to your attention to the DxO Standard Preset. It is applied to the image during the loading. It change the tonality. If you are interesting about the no-auto corrected result, simple disable the Color rendering tool. It will show you what the RAW converter makes alone in this respect.
However, the photography is a visual art, rather than mathematical. If you dislike the result, you will change it anyhow.

Endre
Win7/64 PC, i7-3770, 3.9GHz, 24G RAM, Intel HD-4000 GPU, 27" calibrated LG monitor 1920*1080 px res. 82 DPI

photography