Author Topic: DxO still putting 'DEMO' banners over photos after activation  (Read 2108 times)

orangedaisy

Re: DxO still putting 'DEMO' banners over photos after activation
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2018, 11:38:18 am »
Okay, then one more question:
Do you have a .lic file created here - c:\ProgramData\DxO Labs\Licenses\ ?

No, not that I can see :(

So there is a problem with the privileges. Please, do the test Endre suggested you (try to create any text file in this directory manually and see if you can do that). As your activation went ok on the server but something (AV or privileges) prevents from creating a license file on your machine.

+ You can try to run the application as Administrator.

Please, let me know your results.
Regards,
Svetlana G.

I’ll try running as administrator now and I’ll definitely try to do what Endre said. Thank you, I really appreciate the help!

orangedaisy

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2018, 03:51:11 pm »
Don't worry orangedaisy, Svetlana will answer you probably on next ímonday. Without licence file, the app think, it is not registered. Just for testing the folder, make a file with such .lic extension. If you fail, the OS prevent to use the folder, you have to elevate your rights to write.

Endre
I'm struggling to to understand these steps, I'm so sorry, I'm really not good with computers. There is a licence folder but I'm not sure how to create the file or anything like that :( I have had a response from DxO Support though which is great, although the steps they told me to follow didn't work. Hopefully they'll get back to me soon, I really hope there's a solution to this :(

Asser

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2018, 06:41:42 pm »
Just do the following:

On the PhotoLab icon on the desktop press right mouse button. From the context menu select 'Run as Administrator'. If a password is required, enter one. Otherwise confirm everything with yes. Now PhotoLab should start, enter licence key, wait for confirmation popup. Check whether a file ending with lic has been created in c:\ProgramData\DxO Labs\Licenses\

Bencsi

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2018, 06:50:23 pm »
To write file to the particular folder is simple:

1. Select a not too big file in the Explorer e.g. a *.txt file
2. Ctrl+C or right click on the file name and choose Copy from dropdown list
3. Navigate to the 'C:\ProgramData\DxO Labs\Licenses\' folder
4. Right mouse click within the folder content window and from dropdown menu select Paste.
If Windows simple generate same file, you have rights to write the folder content.
If Windows refuse to copy the file there, your write rights is not existing. You have to elevate your Administrator rights to write there.

The easiest way is to start PL with Administrator rights.
Right click - before run PL - on the shortcut of PL and from the dropdown menu select the 'Run as Administrator' choice. From this command, Pl get a rights to write to any Windows proprietary folder. Make the registration now.

Good luck

Endre

P.S.: It seems, I was too late. Sorry.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 06:52:14 pm by Bencsi »
Win7/64 PC, i7-3770, 3.9GHz, 24G RAM, Intel HD-4000 GPU, 27" calibrated LG monitor 1920*1080 px res. 82 DPI

orangedaisy

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2018, 02:51:41 pm »
To write file to the particular folder is simple:

1. Select a not too big file in the Explorer e.g. a *.txt file
2. Ctrl+C or right click on the file name and choose Copy from dropdown list
3. Navigate to the 'C:\ProgramData\DxO Labs\Licenses\' folder
4. Right mouse click within the folder content window and from dropdown menu select Paste.
If Windows simple generate same file, you have rights to write the folder content.
If Windows refuse to copy the file there, your write rights is not existing. You have to elevate your Administrator rights to write there.

The easiest way is to start PL with Administrator rights.
Right click - before run PL - on the shortcut of PL and from the dropdown menu select the 'Run as Administrator' choice. From this command, Pl get a rights to write to any Windows proprietary folder. Make the registration now.

Good luck

Endre

P.S.: It seems, I was too late. Sorry.
Just do the following:

On the PhotoLab icon on the desktop press right mouse button. From the context menu select 'Run as Administrator'. If a password is required, enter one. Otherwise confirm everything with yes. Now PhotoLab should start, enter licence key, wait for confirmation popup. Check whether a file ending with lic has been created in c:\ProgramData\DxO Labs\Licenses\

Thank you so much, I'll see if I can follow these steps. I just wanted to mention, when I try going to c:\ProgramData\DxO Labs\Licenses\, it says it doesn't exist, so I've been going to C:\Program Files\DxO\DxO PhotoLab 1, is that okay? There was a licenses folder in there but DxO Support told me to do delete it to see if that would fix the problem.
Thanks for the help guys, i'll let you know if I solve this

Asser

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2018, 05:07:58 pm »
Hey,

no "C:\Program Files\DxO\DxO PhotoLab 1" is wrong. It must be "c:\ProgramData\DxO Labs\Licenses\".

Did you try to completely remove the software and reinstall it?

In my "Licenses" folder there are license files for everything I used from DxO. There are licenses for DxO Optics 11, PhotoLab Demo, Viewpont Demo and for all the full versions. Looks like this:

orangedaisy

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2018, 12:12:03 pm »
Hey,

no "C:\Program Files\DxO\DxO PhotoLab 1" is wrong. It must be "c:\ProgramData\DxO Labs\Licenses\".

Did you try to completely remove the software and reinstall it?

In my "Licenses" folder there are license files for everything I used from DxO. There are licenses for DxO Optics 11, PhotoLab Demo, Viewpont Demo and for all the full versions. Looks like this:

Oh no! I don't know why I assumed it was the same. So sorry, I really have no experience with computers. I have tried uninstalling it and installing it again but it didn't work :( I'll see if I can find the right licenses folder. Sorry again

photography
photography