Author Topic: PL randomly reporting image files as corrupt  (Read 2011 times)

simplylewis

PL randomly reporting image files as corrupt
« on: March 08, 2018, 09:09:59 pm »
Recently PL has started reporting some files as corrupt. A few days ago created a projected and added a number of files all shot with the same camera / lens (Canon 5D2, Canon 24mm f2.8, Canon CR2 raw). Successfully edited some of the files and exported the results. Today on opening PL and returning to the project three of the files are shown with exclamation marks in
the bottom right. Mousing over the exclamation mark the following message is displayed "This image cannot be processed because of an unknown error. It may be corrupted or in an unsupported format." Selecting one of the files (that is marked as corrupt) the thumb nail shows correctly but the exif is blank. Moving to another file from the same shoot and the exif is reported correctly. Quit PL, rename the files and then create copies with the original names and the problem goes away, tedious but it works. Moving the PL Database folder to a new location and creating an empty Database folder and the problem goes away but I lose the project structure.Checked a few other projects and there are other files also being reported having the same problem. Reverting to viewing the files in the folder view and the problem persists for the files concerned.  All of which points to PL corrupting its database in some way. Has anyone else encountered this and is there a remedy?

NicolasC

• DxO Software Development Team
  • Global Moderator
Re: PL randomly reporting image files as corrupt
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 10:08:52 am »
Hello,

Some other customers reported the same issue to our support service and we are actively working on that problem. Unfortunately, as we cannot reproduce it on our side, it's quite difficult to investigate.
Could you please get in touch with our support team (support.dxo.com) and report your case ? To accelerate the investigation process, please join an archive of your application log folder (from C:\Users\%username%\Documents\DxO PhotoLab logs) as well as you database file (C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\DxO\DxO PhotoLab 1\Database) and the name of a file marked as corrupted.
You could also mention in your support ticket that it should be forwarded to me ASAP, so that I can get my hands on your files immediately.

Thanks for reporting that issue.

Regards,
Nicolas

courtox

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 09:51:23 pm »
Hello,
Make a try, with Adobe DNG Converter  to change your CR2 to DNG. If your CR2 files are readable with DNG Concerter, DxO has a real problem.
https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=6289

Ì am still using LR 5.7 and the CR2 files are not supported.
Francis
MacBookPro mid 2010, OS/X El Capitan  memory  8Giga storage 4Tera
Olympus E-M5 MK II 17mm f/1.8 / 25 mm f/1.4 /45 mm f/1.8  /75mm f/1.8

simplylewis

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 02:20:49 pm »
Nicholas

Database and log directories have been emailed to support. Let's discuss how best I can share the CR2 image files with you, at over 20MB each they are a bit large for email.

regards

Lewis

sgospodarenko

• DxO tester (Win version)
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 10:07:27 am »
Hello Lewis,

Could you, please, upload your files here - http://upload.dxo.com/  and let us know when it's ready.

Thank you,
Regards,
Svetlana G.
Regards,
Svetlana G.

simplylewis

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 10:43:31 am »
Done, files are IMG_1213.CR2, IMG_1214 - Copy.CR2 and _MG_2418.CR2.

sgospodarenko

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2018, 11:12:46 am »
Thank you very much
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Asser

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2018, 02:39:21 pm »
I can confirm this.

Three files were displayed as corrupted on my side. I have developed them in PL just yesterday and all worked as expected. Today the CR2s were displayed as corrupted. Cannot send them, just wanted to confirm that I had this problem also.

I could resolve this problem, by just moving the XMPs, which were next to the CR2s out of the directory and reopen PL without the XMPs. Here the problem was solved. I could move the XMPs back and the problem did not occur again. Maybe some metadata caching stuff?

Note: The problem was not soved by restarting PL alone. I have moved the XMPs in batches, and the problem was resolved exactly for the CR2s which belonged to the moved XMPs and not for the ones where the XMPs remained in directory.

Note 2: I can remember, that for the JPEGs of the affected CR2s I have changed the keywords after development. Other CR2s in the same directory where I did not adapt the keywords on the JPEGs did not have the problem afterwards.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 03:00:43 pm by Asser »

sgospodarenko

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2018, 03:03:22 pm »
Hello,

Thank you for the info. The issue should be solved in the next release.

Regards,
Svetlana G.
Regards,
Svetlana G.

jeffripple

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2018, 05:32:38 pm »
I am having a similar issue with .cr2 raw files displaying the error message "This file cannot be processed due to an unknown error. It may be corrupt or an unsupported format." I am using a Panasonic ZS-70 and shoot in both raw and jpeg. The jpegs display fine, but the raw files have a ?. However, if I read those same files on the card (rather than having been downloaded to my computer) with Photolab, they show correctly and can be processed.

I also use a Panasonic LX-10 and there has never been a problem in OpticsPro11 or Photolab reading the .cr2 raw files for that camera either on the card or downloaded to the computer.

I am using an iMac with High Sierra. I only got Photolab because I wanted to process raw files on the ZS-70, which OpticsPro 11 did not support. This is a real bummer...

Anyone have any suggestions?

photography