Author Topic: Move local adjustment controls  (Read 1138 times)

daedalus

Move local adjustment controls
« on: March 08, 2018, 10:54:19 am »
Hi,

When I make a local adjustment, it puts the equaliser and 'grey circle' in the place where I first apply the adjustment. This means when editing the mask, the equaliser and circle are often in the way (even though the disappear when actively brushing or erasing the mask, you can't start brushing where the grey circle is as you end up clicking the circle). I know that I can hide the equaliser with the 'e' shortcut, but it would be useful to be able to move the grey circle as well. Is this possible?

The only work-around I have found is to start brushing away from where I want to put the local adjustment, then erase that mask, then start brushing the mask in the correct place. This way both the equaliser and grey circle are in a more useful position.

Thanks, Nat

Timedog

Re: Move local adjustment controls
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 12:11:20 pm »
Yeah, it can also appear off screen if you crop your photo after making local adjustments.

Seems like something that needs to be fixed in a future update for sure.

sgospodarenko

• DxO tester (Win version)
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 10:05:48 am »
Hello,

For now the only Local controls that can be moved are Graduated filter and Control points. Brush and Auto brush controllers can't be moved.

Yeah, it can also appear off screen if you crop your photo after making local adjustments.
- Yep, it can be if you apply local corrections and then crop the image so that the controllers are outside. For now Local corrections do not follow any geometry correction and Geometry should be applied first.

Regards,
Svetlana G.
Regards,
Svetlana G.

daedalus

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 11:32:15 am »
Thanks for the replies, i guess I'll wait and hope we see an update in the future.

Cheers,

photography