Author Topic: Editing Panels  (Read 432 times)

ColinG

Editing Panels
« on: February 10, 2018, 11:32:49 am »
Still having trouble opening/closing the editing panels (Colour, Detail, Essentials etc). When I right click on them they sometimes open and close flawlessly and at other times they just move around without opening/closing - they jump to the top or bottom. It is getting tedious.

Is this a known fault or am I using the wrong procedure?

Thanks.

pjglad

Re: Editing Panels
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 01:55:09 pm »
I have the same issue.

MikeFromMesa

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 05:06:56 pm »
For what it is worth, I have not had this problem and I do not seem to be able to reproduce it on my workspace.

ColinG

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 06:17:38 pm »
Two of have it at least so not unique then. Maybe down to hardware - I am using am Apple magic Mouse.

Rex Block

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 06:24:04 pm »
Still having trouble opening/closing the editing panels (Colour, Detail, Essentials etc). When I right click on them they sometimes open and close flawlessly and at other times they just move around without opening/closing - they jump to the top or bottom. It is getting tedious.

Is this on a Mac? If you command-click (or control-click, option-click, or even function-click) on the edit panel's top bar, does it not toggle open and closed? FWIW it also works with an unmodified click (e.g. "left-click").

The only thing I can think of is when you're engaged in the click, there is a subtle mouse movement motion up or down, which is being seen as a drag operation, which will indeed move the edit panels around.

Which version of PL?

MikeFromMesa

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 07:31:02 pm »
Two of have it at least so not unique then. Maybe down to hardware - I am using am Apple magic Mouse.
I am using a Logitech mouse, so perhaps it has something to do with the Apple Magic Mouse. Or perhaps it has something to do with whatever else is on your system (or mine), but I can certainly see how this would be an issue.

On the other hand I have my workspace set up so that I have only what I need in panels and I don't really have to open or close any of them to do my work. The issue you are seeing would be hard to deal with if I had to be opening and closing panels all the time.

pjglad

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2018, 07:47:58 pm »
I have this issue and yes I have a magic mouse. However, this is the only app that I have this kind of issue.

ColinG

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2018, 09:24:47 pm »

Is this on a Mac? If you command-click (or control-click, option-click, or even function-click) on the edit panel's top bar, does it not toggle open and closed? FWIW it also works with an unmodified click (e.g. "left-click").

The only thing I can think of is when you're engaged in the click, there is a subtle mouse movement motion up or down, which is being seen as a drag operation, which will indeed move the edit panels around.

Which version of PL?

Yes - on a Mac.
PL 1.1.1 build 58

A slight dragging, especially on the magic mouse is a possibility. Shall check it out.

Have not tried the other options but will do so.

Many thanks
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 09:29:33 pm by ColinG »

ColinG

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2018, 09:31:43 pm »
Just tried the alternatives, it is I think as you say a slight drag on the mouse when clicking. The shape of the mouse makes such a drag possible without even realising it has taken place. A bit more testing is required but I do believe you are right.

Big thank you :-)

photography