Author Topic: Crop - come on  (Read 409 times)

Rex Block

Crop - come on
« on: February 07, 2018, 10:28:22 pm »
Is someone going to look into the crop issue? It is seriously jacked. I am exporting images when I noticed that on a number of them, the crop was completely lost. It is set at one point, then seems to get lost, or reset, or moved, or something.

Please fix the crop issue. I am tried of dealing with its flakiness.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 10:35:28 pm by Rex Block »

Rex Block

Re: Crop - come on
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 10:33:01 pm »
Issues with crop --

edges off of the screen
random image resizes
random crop boundary resizes
random crop changes
random vanishing crops
random application window resizes

Crop was stable in the old OP 11. In PL, it has become a hot mess. It should be one of the most invisible features of any image processor, but it has been, for me, a constant problem since 1.1.1 was introduced.

ijm5012

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 02:23:14 pm »
Rex,

I haven't had any issues with the crop feature. I do wonder though, are you cropping your images first, editing them, and then applying copied settings over the already cropped image?

What I've found is that I'll typically go through my images first by cropping & straightening them, rating them, and then editing the keepers. However, when I copy settings (Cmd+Shift+C) and then paste those settings on the already cropped image (Cmd+Shift+V), it overwrites the crop & straighten that I've already done (this is seriously a PITA, DXO should have a panel that pops up so you can select what settings are copied/pasted).

I wonder if this is what you may be encountering, as I haven't encountered random crop issues upon export.

Bencsi

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 07:46:04 pm »
The phenomenon comes only during Export processing of more images.

Endre
Win7/64 PC, i7-3770, 3.9GHz, 24G RAM, Intel HD-4000 GPU, 27" calibrated LG monitor 1920*1080 px res. 82 DPI

Rex Block

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 03:39:26 am »
Rex,

I haven't had any issues with the crop feature. I do wonder though, are you cropping your images first, editing them, and then applying copied settings over the already cropped image?

Yes that is exactly correct. I wouldn't say crop always comes before adjustments, it just depends on current frame of mind ...  :) But it does seem to work out that way; removing extraneous imaging seems to clear my mind for the next task.

What I've found is that I'll typically go through my images first by cropping & straightening them, rating them, and then editing the keepers. However, when I copy settings (Cmd+Shift+C) and then paste those settings on the already cropped image (Cmd+Shift+V), it overwrites the crop & straighten that I've already done (this is seriously a PITA, DXO should have a panel that pops up so you can select what settings are copied/pasted).

I wonder if this is what you may be encountering, as I haven't encountered random crop issues upon export.

I do use the cmd+shift+c // +v sequence often. It could be something in that. I also wish there were a way to specify certain adjustments that do not convey with that sequence, and I have to remember that, as it works directly against the workflow mentioned above.

photography
photography