Author Topic: Pixel XL fails to recognise Camera After latest Android update  (Read 2308 times)

Iceland969

Pixel XL fails to recognise Camera After latest Android update
« on: January 21, 2018, 02:06:53 pm »
All,

I received an Android patch update this morning for my Pixel XL and from that point the Phone will not recognize the Camera.

Any suggestions? I am on Android 8.1.0

J.

plecourieux

• Administrator
Re: Pixel XL fails to recognise Camera After latest Android update
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 03:05:57 pm »
Thank you for the information provided.  We have tried to reproduce the issue with the following configurations without success:

Google Pixel XL
Upgrade from 7.1 to 8
No issues found, camera detected without any issues

Google Pixel XL
Upgrade from 8 to 8.1
No issues found, camera detected without any issues

Our camera works thanks to USB On-The-GO (OTG) ; this norm is active in your google Pixel XL phone and should not be deactivated after an upgrade.

If your phone is capable of detecting your camera you should see an Android system notification when your camera is attached (Android system . USB supplying power to attached device).

We kindly ask you to verify your USB port for dust or any object that may cause a false contact between the phone and your DxO ONE camera.

If nothing is blocking or modifying your connection in the USB port we recommand you to perform a rollback (downgrade) to a previous version of google OREO 8.0 (there might have been an issue during the installation process that impact the OTG)
To do so please follow the instructions given by google at:
https://developers.google.com/android/images#instructions

You may have not noticed that we have a dedicated forum for Android early access users:
https://feedback.dxo.com/c/dxo-one-android-early-access
Please opt for this platform for your next post related to Android.

Thanks
Best regards,

vikaskundu

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2018, 02:56:59 pm »
Previously DxO ONE app had been working smooth on my Google Pixel 2 XL when it was running on Android Nougat. However today as I have updated to the latest Android Oreo (v8.1) now when I open the app it is simply loading a blank screen on the startup and crashing itself automatically after a while. Any idea how to fix it?

malan

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2018, 09:50:08 pm »
DxO ONE app had been working smooth on my Google Pixel 2 XL. :)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 09:52:17 pm by malan »

photography