Author Topic: exif dates modified by DXO  (Read 1720 times)

Bernard74

exif dates modified by DXO
« on: January 16, 2018, 07:41:11 am »
Hi,
I had to change the exif dates on pictures ( raw with canon 7D mark2)
After development in DXO Photolab, the exported files are tagged with the dates before change.

the  date change has been made with ACDSEE.

any explanation?
thanks
Bernard

Asser

Re: exif dates modified by DXO
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 10:59:41 am »
Do you have XMP files for your raws? Because XMP > EXIF.

Bernard74

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 01:55:51 pm »
yes I have the XMP files

Asser

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 06:24:16 pm »
The date from xmp has higher priority than the date from exif, so it does not help to change the exif date, if your tool does not reflect the dates to XMP. Look into your xmp with a text editor to see, whether it contains the old dates.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 06:26:26 pm by Asser »

Bencsi

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 09:20:02 pm »
@Beranard74

Regarding to the fact, EXIF dates including 4-24 different time entries, I recommend you to use the Geosetter free app, which is able to change any EXIF data in batch. Other apps are able to handle one file at one time. www.geosetter.de

Endre

Win7/64 PC, i7-3770, 3.9GHz, 24G RAM, Intel HD-4000 GPU, 27" calibrated LG monitor 1920*1080 px res. 82 DPI

Bernard74

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2018, 07:13:32 pm »
. Look into your xmp with a text editor to see, whether it contains the old dates.

checked in windows bloc note: all visible dates are modified

I recommend you to use the Geosetter free app, which is able to change any EXIF data in batch.

when the picture is opened in Geosetter, the "shooting date" is still the old one.
after modification in Geosetter, the picture after development in dxo keep the right date.

So many thanks ,Endre, for your help  ;)

and my conclusion is not to be lazy and take time to adjust the date before shooting !!!!

best regards
Bernard

Bencsi

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 09:34:12 pm »
Yes Bernard, the workflow order is very important.
I found Geosetter is the most complex EXIF data editor. It is able to shift Taken date ( when I forgot to set the time shift in the camera before arrive to another time zone ), shift all images taken date by any slight value ( even seconds and minutes ), etc. The most valuable feature for me is the visual location of any place by Google map and add its coordinates - and sub-location info - to the RAW file. It is exceptional.
One more advice: make an own ( free ) account on geonames.org. This will allow you to get any quantity of geo data, otherwise the built in common user allow to get 2000 info/hour only. The registration process should start in the Geosetter File/Settings/Internet tab.

Endre
Win7/64 PC, i7-3770, 3.9GHz, 24G RAM, Intel HD-4000 GPU, 27" calibrated LG monitor 1920*1080 px res. 82 DPI

Sigi

• Gallery
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2018, 09:37:21 pm »
Yes Bernard, the workflow order is very important.
I found Geosetter is the most complex EXIF data editor. It is able to shift Taken date ( when I forgot to set the time shift in the camera before arrive to another time zone ), shift all images taken date by any slight value ( even seconds and minutes )

Media Pro 2 - formerly Expression Media - can also do that.

Sigi

photography