Author Topic: DxO PhotoLab Has Stopped Exporting  (Read 2108 times)

Patrick Cray

DxO PhotoLab Has Stopped Exporting
« on: January 14, 2018, 11:04:57 pm »
Any assistance to resolve this problem would be most appreciated.

I use a computer running Windows 10 Home - Version 1709 - OS Build 16299.192

I transfer images via the plug-in from Adobe Lightroom Classic CC - 7.1 Release - Camera Raw 10.1 to DxO Photolab v1.1 - Build 2672 Elite  (I also have FilmPack 5 Elite & ViewPoint 3 installed).

I had no problems with this setup until 13/01/18, when I started experiencing problems exporting files.

On 13/01/18, DxO would not export files to Lightroom. I managed however to export some files to Flickr. I then tried to export 2 files to disk which appeared to work, but when I checked the files they were both completely black.

Today 14/01/18 I took another look and now find that DxO will not export any images at all. A red exclamation mark appears next to the file in the filmstrip and the pop up text states: Save has failed (Correction failed on the execute stage). If you press the status arrow it reports 0 (zero) images exported - Unknown processing error. I have tried to export various file types but nothing now seems to work.

I am aware of similar problems from reading other threads but unless I missed something there is no mention of a real fix.

Regards,

Patrick

sgospodarenko

• DxO tester (Win version)
  • Global Moderator
Re: DxO PhotoLab Has Stopped Exporting
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 09:46:48 am »
Hello Patrick,

Have you wrote about it to the support team? - if yes, you'll get a reply soon.

If not, please, provide me with your logs - you can find them here - c:\Users\user_name\Documents\DxO PhotoLab logs\ and one image+sidecar for which you have red exclamation mark.

Please, upload them here - http://upload.dxo.com/ (in the field Support ticket number you can point the name of your post).

As soon as you do that, please, let me know.

Thank you
Regards,
Svetlana G.
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Patrick Cray

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 03:32:05 pm »
Hello Svetlana G,

As requested I have now uploaded one of the photos plus dop sidecar file that I was getting the red exclamation mark with. I have also uploaded the contents of the DxO PhotoLab logs folder.

Am I best to wait for a reply from the Support Department or should I try and re-install DxO Photolab on my computer to see if this cures the problem?

As an aside the uploader did not seem compatible with Firefox and I had to revert to the Windows Edge to complete the upload.

Thanks you for your prompt reply. 

Kind regards,

Patrick

sgospodarenko

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 03:38:42 pm »
Patrick,

As I've already got your logs and samples, you can try to re-install the application but to tell you the truth I doubt it fixes the issue.

Let us analyze your logs to investigate the issue.

Thank you
Regards,
Svetlana G.
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Patrick Cray

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 10:42:37 pm »
Good Evening Svetlana G,

I will hold off reinstalling DxO PhotoLab if you don't think it will cure the problem.

I'll just have to process my photos with Adobe software instead.

Kind regards,

Patrick

sgospodarenko

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 08:36:06 am »
Good morning Patrick,

According the logs, it looks like you have a memory error (you've got a limited swap size - 2GB).

Am I best to wait for a reply from the Support Department or should I try and re-install DxO Photolab on my computer to see if this cures the problem?
- As you have already contacted the Support Department,  you will soon get the reply with the procedure how to fix it.

Regards,
Svetlana G.
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Patrick Cray

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2018, 10:46:26 pm »
Good Evening Svetlana_G,

Can I confirm that you have referred this matter to the Support Department?

As a result of your earlier reply: I have set the computer to allow Windows to automatically manage paging file size for all drives and I am now once again able to process and export files.

I have to say that compared with DxO Optics Pro that PhotoLab seems to run slowly on my computer.

Kind regards,

Patrick

sgospodarenko

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 08:15:25 am »
Hi Patrick,

Yes you can.
So I see after our analysis you fix the issue by yourself  ;)

As for the performance, which actions you find slower than in OP11?

Could you do a benchmarking PL vs OP11 on your machine?

Thank you
Regards,
Svetlana G.
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Patrick Cray

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2018, 03:28:23 pm »
Hi Svetlana_G,

I have unfortunately uninstalled OP11 and my online account now only gives me access to the PL downloads. Unfortunately it looks like I am now unable to benchmark the 2 programs.

PL seems slower to render Raw files on import. PL is also slow when asked to produce a virtual copy.

It may of course be that the settings on my computer are not optimised for PL?

Any suggestions how to speed up PL would be most appreciated.

KInd regards,

Patrick

sgospodarenko

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2018, 08:45:47 am »
Good morning,

With the next release the performance of some actions will be improved and export function inclusively.

So, please, when you get the new release, make some tests and provide your feedback.

As for special optimization of your machine to speedup PL, no settings are needed to be changed.

Regards,
Svetlana G.
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Patrick Cray

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2018, 12:06:02 am »
Hi Svetlana_G,

Thank you for your assistance.

Once the next release of PL is made available I will indeed provide feedback on its' performance.

Kind regards,

Patrick

photography