Author Topic: Jumpy crop  (Read 996 times)

Rex Block

Jumpy crop
« on: January 14, 2018, 09:31:36 pm »
I have this issue with crop in PhotoLab. I will be moving or adjusting a crop edge, when suddenly the entire thing disappears. It becomes obvious the crop has been reset to a tiny square, or it's gone completely, or it's outside the image (!), and I have to start over.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. but it is SUPER annoying to be strenuously working on a specific crop, only to have it disappear, forcing me to start over with it.

MacOS Sierra, PhotoLab latest.

MJSfoto1956

• http://www.jmichaelsullivan.com
Re: Jumpy crop
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 12:14:24 am »
I have this issue with crop in PhotoLab. I will be moving or adjusting a crop edge, when suddenly the entire thing disappears. It becomes obvious the crop has been reset to a tiny square, or it's gone completely, or it's outside the image (!), and I have to start over. 

Agree. It seems to be a bug. I notice it happens when the cursor "gets confused". What I do is click OUTSIDE of the crop to force the cursor to turn to the proper state. YMMV.

M

Bjoran

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 10:47:49 am »
I have the same fault, but it does not happen frequently.
PhotoLab version 1.1.0 build 56.
Computer is iMac 4.2 GHz, 16 GB RAM, with High Sierra.

Sigi

• Gallery
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 02:18:33 pm »
same here but not frequently

Nick_

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 05:50:59 pm »
Something similar happened to me at the beginning with DPL. It wass because I didn't click exactly on the handle so it's was if I started a new crop. It's probably because the number of pixels you have to click on has been reduced. I had to acquire the discipline of clicking exactly on the handel. Try this too.
It's right it's a bit annoying. Yet I got used to it.
Nick

Sheppad

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 01:49:01 am »
Many times when I have a crop and then it does that weird thing, i just do “Edit, Undo” and it takes me back to the state where my crop was previously.

kdochert

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2018, 04:29:49 pm »
Yep this seems to be a bug with the current version as I’ve never had this problem before with the optics pro family of products. Also the default framing of the photo has changed from fit to screen to a cropped version of the photo and I don’t know how to change it back?

jof

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2018, 11:36:16 am »
 >:(
I confirm. It often happens !
 Very annoying...

LCDI

• Mac test leader
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.dxo.com
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2018, 03:12:48 pm »
Hello Guys,

Please, could you provide us a screen cast of the problem ?

In case you need to upload big files for your reports you can upload your files to our file server at the following URL:
http://upload.dxo.com

Please, fill in all the fields.
In “Support ticket number” field you should write  your Forum User Name. Please, make a note in your report to confirm that the files are available on our server.

Thans for you help.

Reagards,

PAt

photography
photography