Author Topic: Videos/Webinars  (Read 2085 times)

pjglad

Videos/Webinars
« on: January 10, 2018, 01:00:18 am »
I recently purchased DxO Photolab. Where are the Videos/Webinars? I checked out Learn & Support but there are only a couple of two minute clips.

Rex Block

Re: Videos/Webinars
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 09:33:22 pm »
Yes it would be nice to get some tips on how to use the new local adjustments.

ColinG

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 09:44:39 pm »

Rex Block

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 09:47:10 pm »
Thank you Colin.

ColinG

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 09:48:31 pm »
You are most welcome :-)

OldRadioGuy

• Amateur Photographer, retired journalist/educator
    • My SmugMug Images
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 02:33:51 am »
I, too, would welcome a webinar or two to assist with DxO PhotoLab. The link referenced above points to only two short clips, 2 minutes or less, for PL features.

Bob
DxO PhotoLab | DxO FilmPack 5 | DxO ViewPoint 3 | ACDSee Photo Studio | Affinity Photo |
PhotoLine 20 | macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 |

ColinG

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2018, 12:02:23 pm »
Go to the Learning and Support page where you will find -Tutorials, Videos, Webinars and Guides available for DxO products.  Sometimes short is sweet as it encourages one to have some hands on practice :-)

Asser

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 12:35:15 pm »
DxO could do more to attract people. I think this would pay off sooner or later:

1) Start an Affinity like forum, with high response rate from moderators. Svetlana makes a great job so far on the PhotoLab (Windows) forum. But this should be the case everywhere: PhotoLab (Mac), FilmPack, ViewPoint.

2) Provide tutorials weekly on partial aspects of PhotoLab, demonstrating the usage on sample images. The used tools could repeat, but the usage on different images could still be interesting. This tutorials could be posted on Facebook and collected on a YouTube channel.

This would increase the "We take part in something great to come" feeling in the customer base, and the google hit rate, when someone looks for a "Best Raw Converter".

If you look at the market activity of Filmpack and Viewpoint which are parts of PhotoLab for me, one could think, it is abandoned software.

Allsop

• Andrew-Bede Allsop
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2018, 04:28:21 pm »
DxO could do more to attract people. I think this would pay off sooner or later:

1) Start an Affinity like forum, with high response rate from moderators. Svetlana makes a great job so far on the PhotoLab (Windows) forum. But this should be the case everywhere: PhotoLab (Mac), FilmPack, ViewPoint.

2) Provide tutorials weekly on partial aspects of PhotoLab, demonstrating the usage on sample images. The used tools could repeat, but the usage on different images could still be interesting. This tutorials could be posted on Facebook and collected on a YouTube channel.

Asser is making two very good suggestions here and I support both of them, come on guys how about it?
It is all part of the rich tapestry of life.

ColinG

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2018, 07:28:00 pm »
Being new to PL I can only agree that more should be done to make this a family. I look in from time to time but there is never much going on and I just drift away again. This is fine software, it deserves better but somehow it feels like I have bought it and that is the end of it. Sort of - we've had your money thanks!

courtox

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2018, 12:35:31 am »
Bonjour,
I am a new user too with DxO PL. What I can say about this forum is that it is ours, an end user Forum. We must be able to help each other and share our knowledge.
About the videos they are easy to find here (for French readers)
http://www.dxo.com/fr/photographie/tutoriels
and here  for those who speak English
http://www.dxo.com/us/photography/tutorials

This one is focusing on U points inside DxO PL
http://www.dxo.com/us/photography/dxo-academy/product-how-s/u-point-technology-dxo-photolab

Here is a workshop focusing on U point:
https://youtu.be/tCBESw2uaa4

This one is in French, 30 minutes with  local adjustements using U points.

https://youtu.be/yn2OrMLC3U0

I am a former user of Nik collection, so it's easy for me to use this functionality.

Give it a try and it will be easy for you too.

Francis
MacBookPro mid 2010, OS/X El Capitan  memory  8Giga storage 4Tera
Olympus E-M5 MK II 17mm f/1.8 / 25 mm f/1.4 /45 mm f/1.8  /75mm f/1.8

ColinG

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2018, 11:27:00 am »
Thanks for this but it is not so much end user as interaction with DxO. They seem absent from this forum. Also one of the videos that should be helpful is not available! It is the one about new features which, when it was working, was not complete. Underlines my point really :-)

I have no problem with the users - there is certainly ready help from them.

courtox

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2018, 12:09:10 pm »
OK, clear for me DxO team is not working with the forum. It seems they are busy with Nik Collection.
The best way to receive quick answer is to use the "support" I got answers in less than 2 days.

You can open a Ticket here:
https://support.dxo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=254348
Francis
MacBookPro mid 2010, OS/X El Capitan  memory  8Giga storage 4Tera
Olympus E-M5 MK II 17mm f/1.8 / 25 mm f/1.4 /45 mm f/1.8  /75mm f/1.8

ColinG

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2018, 01:11:30 pm »
If you visit forums such as Affinity or even the FB pages of Luminar you will see what I mean.

photography
photography