Author Topic: xrite colorchecker passport custom camera profiles  (Read 821 times)

darrylkerney

xrite colorchecker passport custom camera profiles
« on: January 04, 2018, 06:35:07 pm »
I just purchased the DxO Photo Lab Elite software,
can I use the custom camera profiles using the xrite colorchecker passport ?
I hope so since it is after all industry standard !

John7

Re: xrite colorchecker passport custom camera profiles
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 10:30:36 am »
Unless there has been a major change, no. You would have been advised to check the OP forums first where this had been asked for for many years. The last time at http://forum.dxo.com/index.php/topic,7533.0.html
There is however a more hopeful sign of customers being listened to more now, if this will actually be turned into results time only will tell

darrylkerney

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 02:45:13 am »
Thanks John,
 i was hoping there was some way by now.
i am quite impressed with how well the Lens Sharpness can bring out incredible detail from some raw files i've tried so far.

suttonjk82

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 07:40:57 am »
I have a similar question... I was thinking of getting the Spyder checker (only because its a little cheaper and I'm just a hobbyist). I don't know about Xrite, but I know the Spyder version has a standalone program to generate the ICC profile, ie it doesn't need the Lightroom plug-in.

My thinking is Photolab (under the file drop down) has an "export for image for ICC profile" option. Based on my tests/understanding that generates a TIFF file completely off the RAW values without any adjustments. Then I would run the resulting TIFF of the color checker through Spyder's software to get a ICC profile that could be applied in Photolab under the color rendering adjustment.

Does that process seem correct? Anyone know the difference vs a linear RAW file and the "realistic color rendering" file?

photography