Author Topic: Local adjustments - graduated filter  (Read 1735 times)

Aubrey

Local adjustments - graduated filter
« on: January 03, 2018, 12:15:47 pm »
A couple of questions:
Is it possible to ensure that the graduated filter is horizontal (or vertical) i.e. is there a keyboard shortcut to force such a mode?
When placing the graduated filter at an angle is there a way to reduce the sensitivity of the rotation?

I've looked in the help manual, but can find nothing to address these questions.

Thanks,
Aubrey.

sgospodarenko

• DxO tester (Win version)
  • Global Moderator
Re: Local adjustments - graduated filter
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 11:34:58 am »
Hello Aubrey,

Well, about Graduated filter horizontal/vertical position, when you do a rotation there is a small delay when your lines are horizontal or vertical sharp (you can try to play with the tool to see this delay).

About the sensitivity of the rotation, the further the lines from each other the slower the rotation. And for now this is the only way to slow down (either you move the line further or zoom in/out the image).

Regards,
Svetlana G.
Regards,
Svetlana G.

bobkoure

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 05:28:21 pm »
Hi Svetlana,  thanks for this!

That said, I get the strong impression that the PL developers have never used Photoshop, have no idea what keyboard shortcuts might be there. Simple things, like a key combination to zoom/reset, and now holding the shift key to force axis alignment to be perfectly vertical or horizontal.

Any way to nudge them in that direction?

sgospodarenko

• DxO tester (Win version)
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 08:54:31 am »
Hello,

Well, our developers know how PS works, believe me  ;) It was exactly the matter to avoid shortcuts here to not overload the application with the shortcuts.

But ok, I'll let the team know that the existing implementation is not enough.

Regards,
Svetlana G.
Regards,
Svetlana G.

bobkoure

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 04:31:34 pm »
I'd guess that there are a lot of PL users who have been PS users for quite a few years. If you nudge them for key combinations, could you also ask that, if they decide to implement one, they pick the same one that's in PS? It's not copying; it's ensuring UI uniformity. I use export to application / photoshop a good bit and it'd be very nice to be able to work the same way in both apps.
Thanks!

Bencsi

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 08:51:12 am »
+1
Win7/64 PC, i7-3770, 3.9GHz, 24G RAM, Intel HD-4000 GPU, 27" calibrated LG monitor 1920*1080 px res. 82 DPI

TAdams

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 07:31:31 pm »
Hello,

I agree with the OP,  and would like to see a snapping based on an optional incremental degree (user settings), for example I set it to 45° increments in application options and while I hit keyboard shortcut it snaps in increments of 45°.

A far as keyboard shortcuts, I like them but... would prefer having the ability to assign/customize my own. It simply feels to 80's-90's-ish when a user is not allowed to make some amount of customization to the interface in this regard. However if resources are an issue, I would much prefer expanding the Nik products implementation as top priority.

photography
photography