Author Topic: Local adjustments - graduated filter  (Read 274 times)

Aubrey

Local adjustments - graduated filter
« on: January 03, 2018, 12:15:47 pm »
A couple of questions:
Is it possible to ensure that the graduated filter is horizontal (or vertical) i.e. is there a keyboard shortcut to force such a mode?
When placing the graduated filter at an angle is there a way to reduce the sensitivity of the rotation?

I've looked in the help manual, but can find nothing to address these questions.

Thanks,
Aubrey.

sgospodarenko

• DxO tester (Win version)
  • Global Moderator
Re: Local adjustments - graduated filter
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 11:34:58 am »
Hello Aubrey,

Well, about Graduated filter horizontal/vertical position, when you do a rotation there is a small delay when your lines are horizontal or vertical sharp (you can try to play with the tool to see this delay).

About the sensitivity of the rotation, the further the lines from each other the slower the rotation. And for now this is the only way to slow down (either you move the line further or zoom in/out the image).

Regards,
Svetlana G.
Regards,
Svetlana G.

bobkoure

Re: Local adjustments - graduated filter
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 05:28:21 pm »
Hi Svetlana,  thanks for this!

That said, I get the strong impression that the PL developers have never used Photoshop, have no idea what keyboard shortcuts might be there. Simple things, like a key combination to zoom/reset, and now holding the shift key to force axis alignment to be perfectly vertical or horizontal.

Any way to nudge them in that direction?

photography