Author Topic: Again about color space (+ BUG???)  (Read 4521 times)

nesys

Re: Again about color space (+ BUG???)
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2018, 04:02:22 pm »
For the records ...

here I've added the color profile for Canon PRO-1000 (with 64lb. Aurora White).

As you can see, there are a lot of B and R outside AdobeRGB color space that can be printed. And this printer is a bit more than 1k euros in the market.

what do you think?

Andrea

Asser

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2018, 04:18:21 pm »
Yes, your workflow with using DNGs and ACR, will not introduce any problems.

My workflow using PL TIFFs would suck in the reds and blues. I will try out, whether Affinity can read PL linear DNGs. Only to know, whether it is possible. DxO should without doubt allow a workflow, which does not require other tools like ACR to provide enough input for such a printer.

Asser

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2018, 09:11:20 pm »
Further things to note:

1) The development of the DNG in Affinity Photo did not bring any advantages here. The colors were placed in sRGB after that.

2) After developing the TIFF in PL (16bit, ProPhoto) and applying a S-Curve adjustment on the TIFF in Affinity Photo while using the ProPhoto color space, it was possible to push the colors out of AdobeRGB. This tells me that I do not face any restrictions there while processing images:

nesys

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2018, 09:20:16 pm »
Not understanding point 1.
Did you export in Affinity a 16-bit Prophoto TIFF and result is sRGB?

How did you export TIFF with Prophoto in point 2?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 09:23:33 pm by nesys »

Asser

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2018, 09:24:29 pm »
To 1) I exported my raw to DNG in PL. Imported the DNG to Affinity Develop Persona. Ensured that the target color space for development in AF is set to ProPhoto. Clicked on Develop and exported as TIFF. After putting the TIFF into the math calculation tool, the points were placed only in sRGB. It looked more compressed, than the TIFF exported from PhotoLab.

To 2) I did no color rendering changes for my raw, just generic rendering. In PL export I selected 16bit TIFF, ICC profile ProPhoto from

here https://sites.google.com/site/chromasoft/icmprofiles

Putting the TIFF into the math tool, produced dots in AdobeRGB space, as before. But applying an S-Curve in AF Photo on this TIFF, moved the points out.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 09:29:32 pm by Asser »

nesys

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2018, 09:50:57 pm »
1 seems an Affinity issue

2 I used the same ICC profile. I don't know, this test seems you are stretching the colours in AdobeRGB in the new Prophoto bucket, and not more colours
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 12:22:48 am by nesys »

photography
photography