Author Topic: Vertical alignment using Viewpoint 3 in Photolab  (Read 1011 times)

tkpmep

Vertical alignment using Viewpoint 3 in Photolab
« on: December 29, 2017, 10:09:12 pm »
I have both Viewpoint 3 and Photolab 1.1, and notice a subtle difference between the two when correcting the horizon using the Horizon tool. Viewpoint allows one to correct both vertical and horizontal horizons. The Viewpoint plugin in Photolab, on the other hand, allows one only to correct horizontal horizons. Is this by design? If not, how can I add the ability to correct vertical horizons to Photolab?

Sincerely

Thomas Philips

sgospodarenko

• DxO tester (Win version)
  • Global Moderator
Re: Vertical alignment using Viewpoint 3 in Photolab
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 11:08:47 am »
Hello,

Yes, this difference is by design. Vertical and Horizontal alignment is available for Perspective tools only in PhotoLab.

Regards,
Svetlana G.
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Asser

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 12:36:46 pm »
I have both Viewpoint 3 and Photolab 1.1, and notice a subtle difference between the two when correcting the horizon using the Horizon tool. Viewpoint allows one to correct both vertical and horizontal horizons. The Viewpoint plugin in Photolab, on the other hand, allows one only to correct horizontal horizons. Is this by design? If not, how can I add the ability to correct vertical horizons to Photolab?

Sincerely

Thomas Philips

Thomas,

I think Svetlana wanted to say, that Vertical and Horizontal Alignment is available in ViewPoint only. Otherwise it would not be a reply to your question.

As far as I know, if you draw a horizon with a slope > 45 degree, PhotoLab asumes a vertical alignment. I already corrected vertical lines this way.

sgospodarenko

• DxO tester (Win version)
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 12:50:21 pm »
Well, I meant that in PhotoLab for Horizon tool there are no separate buttons Vertical or Horizontal like in VP3. You need to draw the line manually.
And for the Perspective tools, there is a separate auto correction Vertical only/Horizontal only or Both.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

photography