Author Topic: Undoing the impact of multiple presets  (Read 411 times)

tkpmep

Undoing the impact of multiple presets
« on: December 29, 2017, 12:21:13 am »
If I apply more than one preset to a photograph, DxO OpticsLab (1.1.1) decides on the various values assigned to each control using a simple rule - the most recent preset takes precedence. But it is not obvious which presets have been applied, and in what sequence. Is it possible to selectively remove the impact of one preset in a sequence of presets that were applied?

For example, if I double click Portrait Standard, Atmospheres Mist and HDR Realistic, how can I identify that it these three presets that I activated, and how can I then remove the impact of only those changes made by Atmospheres Mist?

One way to do so if I realize very quickly that I want to make such a change is to hit Ctrl-Z twice to remove HDR Realistic and Atmospheres Mist, and to then double click HDR Realistic to bring it back. But what if I have done some other edits, both local and global, before realizing that I want to remove Atmospheres Mist?  Hitting Ctrl-Z repeatedly will undo all my new edits, but I will have no way of determining when i have come back to Atmospheres Mist, and it will be virtually impossible to recreate the sequence of edits going forward.

I'd be very appreciative for any assistance with my problem.

Sincerely and with many thanks in advance

Thomas Philips

sgospodarenko

• DxO tester (Win version)
  • Global Moderator
Re: Undoing the impact of multiple presets
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 09:25:00 am »
Hello Thomas,

Unfortunately there is no other way to remove the preset correction you did somewhere in the middle of your editing process except for Undo/Redo (Ctrl+Z/Ctrl+Y).

We are thinking on something like History but for now it's not the case.

Regards,
Svetlana G.
Regards,
Svetlana G.

tkpmep

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 09:59:28 pm »
One simple enhancement would be to highlight the presets that are in currently in use (say by a change of color or font etc). By way of example, when a control (e.g. Horizon or Distortion or Crop) is in use, the small square in the slider switch that activates  it changes from clear to white. Building a similar functionality into the list of presets should not require a large scale change to the code, as would, for example, be required to build a history function that included the entire history of changes.

Priscilla Turner

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 10:54:44 am »
You could try saving with different extensions a series of differently treated raw conversions. Some of my recent extensions have been .Clearview50, .Clearview 20.

sgospodarenko

• DxO tester (Win version)
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 11:20:29 am »
One simple enhancement would be to highlight the presets that are in currently in use (say by a change of color or font etc). By way of example, when a control (e.g. Horizon or Distortion or Crop) is in use, the small square in the slider switch that activates  it changes from clear to white. Building a similar functionality into the list of presets should not require a large scale change to the code, as would, for example, be required to build a history function that included the entire history of changes.

Hello,

We are thinking of the ways to implement it. Stay tuned.

Regards,
Svetlana G.
Regards,
Svetlana G.

photography