Author Topic: Questions about project migration  (Read 1150 times)

oriomenoni

Questions about project migration
« on: December 28, 2017, 04:57:41 pm »
1) Can I open OpticsPro 11 projects with PhotoLab Elite?

2) Where do I find OpticsPro 11 projects on my hard drive?

3) Will the OpticsPro 11 project images look identical when the project is opened with PhotoLab Elite?

4) Can a OpticsPro 11 project be reopened in OpticsPro 11 after it has been opened with PhotoLab Elite?

sgospodarenko

• DxO tester (Win version)
  • Global Moderator
Re: Questions about project migration
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 08:43:41 am »
Hello,

1) Can I open OpticsPro 11 projects with PhotoLab Elite?
- Yes, you can if you restore your database backup from OP11.

2) Where do I find OpticsPro 11 projects on my hard drive?
- All your projects are stored in the database. So when you create a backup in OpticsPro 11 you are suggested to store it in any folder you want. Then you can restore this backup in PhotoLab.

3) Will the OpticsPro 11 project images look identical when the project is opened with PhotoLab Elite?
- Yes, the only difference is that you need to download modules for PL separately.

4) Can a OpticsPro 11 project be reopened in OpticsPro 11 after it has been opened with PhotoLab Elite?
- Yes, they can be re-opened.

Regards,
Svetlana G.
Regards,
Svetlana G.

macroimage

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 11:39:25 pm »
There is one case where the images appear differently in PL1 vs DOP11.  When the V7 lighting was used in DOP11, then the image isn't the same in PL1 where the V7 lighting module is missing.  Is there any plan to add this function back?

Thanks,

sgospodarenko

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 11:28:04 am »
There is one case where the images appear differently in PL1 vs DOP11.  When the V7 lighting was used in DOP11, then the image isn't the same in PL1 where the V7 lighting module is missing.  Is there any plan to add this function back?

Thanks,

Hello,
Nope, V7 lighting mode is not planned to be returned back. The lighting algorithm was improved and it was decided to get rid of that old one.

Regards,
Svetlana G.
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Asser

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 12:49:42 pm »
Hello,
Nope, V7 lighting mode is not planned to be returned back. The lighting algorithm was improved and it was decided to get rid of that old one.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Hello, I am not affected by this, because PhotoLab is my first DxO Optics version. But reading this worries me, that this can affect me in the future. If PhotoLab does not have something like Develop Process Versions like Lightroom, then the user looses his edits, which he made before the process has changed. This way thousands of photos may be off and would need a readjustment under the new process. It is the same as if MS Paint would display me a red cycle in a bitmap, which I have drawn in green, because Microsoft desided, that green is not a nice looking color. Maybe the product owners could think about this again.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 12:51:26 pm by Asser »

sgospodarenko

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2018, 12:53:11 pm »
Hello,

Actually there is a migration of settings from one version to the other. In case the old correction is removed it's substituted with the new improved one and your old settings will be as close as possible to your old ones.
Regards,
Svetlana G.

photography