Author Topic: Batch Processing  (Read 2333 times)

Allsop

• Andrew-Bede Allsop
Batch Processing
« on: December 17, 2017, 10:52:47 am »
Is there a way to batch process a number of RAW files?
It is all part of the rich tapestry of life.

Nick_

Re: Batch Processing
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 01:44:47 pm »
Well… just select all the pics you want to process and whatever you’ll do in the palettes, including cropping and changing the horizon for example, will apply to all of them.
Nick

Nick_

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 06:46:44 pm »
I forgot to mention the Presets that are useful if you apply often the same corrections to your pics. I don't use them except for the default Preset since my pics are all one-of-a-kind and I can't define standard settings.
Nick

Allsop

• Andrew-Bede Allsop
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 09:26:14 am »
Thanks Nick. Now why didn't I think of that? Doh...

_dave_

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 11:26:37 pm »
Well… just select all the pics you want to process and whatever you’ll do in the palettes, including cropping and changing the horizon for example, will apply to all of them.
Nick

I know this is how it is supposed to work, but for some reason this is not working for me. 

I have selected several images in the image browser, and when I make a change in one of the pallets, say exposure, only one image changes.  The other images remain unaffected. 

I have tried a few times with different images. All of the images selected are highlighted as if they are selected as usual, but only 1 image is affected by any of the changes from any pallet tools. 

What am I doing wrong.  PhotoLab v1,1,2 MacOS High Sierra 10.13.4 MacBook Pro 13" 2016 w/touchbar i7 3.3ghz 16GB 512GB. 

TIA. -Dave

Nick_

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 11:27:53 am »
This is not a normal behavior. I never has such an issue.
You should submit a ticket to DxO PhotoLab -  Customer support.
Nick

Asser

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 01:48:22 pm »
@Nick

Are you sure this works this way? I always thought that the processing goes to the primary selected file only.

If PhotoLab would allow batch processing on multi selections, then it would have to display combined states in the slider panels, which I have never seen. By combined states I mean, that if an image has an exposure of 50% and the other image has an exposure of 70%, the slider panels would have to display that there are "Multiple values" to start from...

@_dave_

My workflow is:

1) Edit one image
2) Execute from main menu Image -> Copy correction settings
3) Select the target images
4)  Execute from main menu Image -> Paste correction settings

Allsop

• Andrew-Bede Allsop
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2018, 06:47:03 am »
The workflow adopted by Asser is exactly what I do as I have the same issue.

Bencsi

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2018, 11:48:46 am »
@Asser & Allsop

It is a bug in the Mac version. Same process works as expected in the Windows version. Just to make sure, the parameter copy & paste you do through Command+C & Command+V. If yes, write a personal message to LCDI.

Endre
Win7/64 PC, i7-3770, 3.9GHz, 24G RAM, Intel HD-4000 GPU, 27" calibrated LG monitor 1920*1080 px res. 82 DPI

Allsop

• Andrew-Bede Allsop
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2018, 04:24:11 pm »
Thank you Bencsi. How do we go about writing a personal message to LCDI? (Who is he?)

Bencsi

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2018, 10:10:06 pm »
On the top of this forum there is a headline ( HOME, HELP, ETC ) If you click on MY MESSAGES, it go to the personal messenger. In the TO: filed you can write LCDI - he is responsible for Mac version developments. Fill the Subject and message content, probably you should add this thread URL link.  I recommend to enable the 'Save a copy to my outbox'. Finally, Send message and .... wait. Hopefully he will reply to you soon. Normally - if your e-mai address is recorded among your personal details - you will receive a mail in case of any comment or reply born.

Endre
Win7/64 PC, i7-3770, 3.9GHz, 24G RAM, Intel HD-4000 GPU, 27" calibrated LG monitor 1920*1080 px res. 82 DPI

Allsop

• Andrew-Bede Allsop
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2018, 06:12:04 am »
Thanks Bencsi.  :)

photography
photography