Author Topic: Mask opacity  (Read 828 times)

Asser

Mask opacity
« on: December 07, 2017, 09:03:48 am »
Now that we can set the brush opacity in 1.1, it would be great, if we could set the opacity of each local adjustment's mask in total (like with layers). Should not be a hard thing to do and would allow to control the intensity of each adjustment with ease. Please do it DxO.

lenmerkel

Re: Mask opacity
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 11:12:02 pm »
+1

CopyKatnj

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 12:09:25 am »
+1

bobkoure

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 09:31:07 pm »
another +1
That said, where do we put requests for enhancements? Is there a voting system? Seems a bit awkward here in the forums...

Asser

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 03:35:11 pm »
No, there is no voting system sadly. The only sunshine is Svetlana, who seems to carry the customer wishes to the development. There is also no public bug or feature tracking, so it is hard to tell what is on the agenda. DxO could involve their customers more, which is a key to customer satisfaction on the one side and sales on the other.

bobkoure

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017, 03:42:16 pm »
Agreed.
Svetlana, if you are reading this, I'd also be interested in participating in a 'bounty' system in which users can put up $$ for a feature they absolutely want. Have a look at the pfSense project for an example. Thanks so much for your efforts!

It would be interesting to see a roadmap. What's planned and priorities given, and also the dreaded NPTF - which might lead to the bounty system.

sgospodarenko

• DxO tester (Win version)
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2017, 10:11:51 am »
Hello all,

Thank you for the feedback. It's a pleasure for me to be your sunshine  ;)
About Opacity for other tools - we are thinking on this possibility.

About the Forum voting system, this forum is old and out-of-date and soon it will be the time to say good bye to it. In the meantime we are working on a new one with better Forum possibilities.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Asser

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2017, 02:46:41 pm »
Hey,

that with a new forum are great news.

The opacity I ment should not be for other tools, but for the existing local adjustment masks. If a user uses a brush tool to draw his mask with different opacities of lets say 10%, 20%, 100% and sets his correction on the equalizer and later thinks that the effect is to intense. He has two possibilities:

1) He must move all the equalizer slides in relation to reduce the intensity of the effect but keep the nature of it.
2) He must draw a new mask with lower opacitties

Both are too cumbersome. It would be better, if there was a global opacity slider for each local adjustment which could adapt the local opacities in a multiplicative way. If I set the opacity of it to 50%, the local opacities from above are calculated to 5%, 10%, 50%. I do not have to adapt the equalizer, I do not have to draw a new mask. The effect is the same but only half as intense as before.

photography
photography