Author Topic: Photo Lab too slow & crashes  (Read 1485 times)

mahendra.bhatia

Photo Lab too slow & crashes
« on: December 05, 2017, 01:18:32 pm »
Hi
I am rather very disillusioned as PL is very slow in loading images and crashes frequently even when applying standard presets. It appears to be quite buggy at the moment. Any hope of improving the situation?
I did beta test onDxO from V:5  V:6,V:7,V:8,V:9  and V;10 in past so I hope I know what I am doing!
This happens on my 15 month old Laptop (PC Windows 10 with 16 GB RAM) and
14 month old iMac (El Capitan with 32 GB RAM).
I would be grateful for help.
In fact DxO 11 seems to be much faster than PL.

Asser

Re: Photo Lab too slow & crashes
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 03:52:08 pm »
I had not a single crash so far and it is fast enough for me.

The only thing I don't like is, that the image gets blury while adjusting the contrast sliders. But this seems to be by design, because the algorithms are not fast enough here.

i7 7700K, GTX 1070, 16 GB, Win 10

bobkoure

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 09:28:45 pm »
Do you have graphics-card acceleration turned on? If you do, turn it off and see if you still get crashes. If that was the issue, look to see if there's a new driver for your graphics card (check with the card or graphics chipset manufacturer).
I agree on it being slow - but I'm coming from Adobe Camera Raw, which is very fast indeed.

sgospodarenko

• DxO tester (Win version)
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 09:08:02 am »
Hi
I am rather very disillusioned as PL is very slow in loading images and crashes frequently even when applying standard presets. It appears to be quite buggy at the moment. Any hope of improving the situation?
I did beta test onDxO from V:5  V:6,V:7,V:8,V:9  and V;10 in past so I hope I know what I am doing!
This happens on my 15 month old Laptop (PC Windows 10 with 16 GB RAM) and
14 month old iMac (El Capitan with 32 GB RAM).
I would be grateful for help.
In fact DxO 11 seems to be much faster than PL.

Hello,
Hmm... it's strange that you have the application crashed all the time on Win10 and Mac.
On the contrary, we made the analytics and the PhotoLab stability is the best one in comparison with OpticsPro.
Could you, please, do the following:
1 - Check if you have the latest version of the application - at the moment for Win it's PL 1.1.1 build 2672;
2 - please, uninstall the currently installed version on you PC;
3 - remove' DxO' folder from here - c:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\ and here - c:\Users\user_name\AppData\Local\;
4 - install the newest version of PhotoLab browse a folder and apply standard presets.

If you still have crashes, please, let me know and provide me with the crash report - you can find it here - c:\Users\user_name\Documents\DxO PhotoLab crashes\ in case you select "Do not send" on a crash report window.

Regards,
Svetlana G.
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Bjoran

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 12:53:02 pm »
Hi,
I can confirm that PhotoLab is perfectly stable on Mac, at least on my iMac 2017 with 16 GB RAM and High Sierra.
Also, it is true that it takes time to generate thumbnails at the bottom of the window, but as a total, PhotoLab is not slower than OpticsPro.

photography
photography