Author Topic: Very slow to load images, frequent freezes  (Read 3357 times)

mahendra.bhatia

Very slow to load images, frequent freezes
« on: December 04, 2017, 11:23:15 pm »
I am rather disappointed that PhotoLab seems to have too many bugs. Image loading is extremely slow compared to DxO 11 and programme frequently freezes up even loading presets.
I am running Laptop PC with windows 10 & 16GB of Ram.
Same problem with my 1 year old iMac running El Capitan with 32 GB of Ram.
I did beta testing on DxO from Version 5 to version 10 and obviously reported my experiences then and modifications were made by the develop team after reports from beta testers.
Any ideas what to do next? :(

Mack

Re: Very slow to load images, frequent freezes
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 06:36:49 pm »
Same here.  Windows 10-64x and current.

Photolab 1.1.1 Build 2746 refuses to close when I hit the red X in upper right and program freezes up.

I have to resort to task bar at bottom to force it to close.  I also noticed it will remain in Task Manager in multiple instances too if closed via the lower task bar.

Bad bug!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 06:48:45 pm by Mack »

Bencsi

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 09:05:21 pm »
Hi Mack,

As far as read other treads in the forum, the freeze of PL v1.x is based on an automatic  Windows update. Check your last 7 days' updates and try to uninstall. Unfortunately, I forgot the KB serial #, hopefully you can find here. Svetlana replied  from DxO about this solution.

Endre
Win7/64 PC, i7-3770, 3.9GHz, 24G RAM, Intel HD-4000 GPU, 27" calibrated LG monitor 1920*1080 px res. 82 DPI

Mack

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 05:31:43 pm »
Hi Mack,

As far as read other treads in the forum, the freeze of PL v1.x is based on an automatic  Windows update. Check your last 7 days' updates and try to uninstall. Unfortunately, I forgot the KB serial #, hopefully you can find here. Svetlana replied  from DxO about this solution.

Endre
No joy.  Still freezes up.

The original OP stated it is happening on their Mac as well as Windows.

Mine will sometimes crash on first starting up and send the pop-up report out which I allow.  It has even crashed on starting up and sent a report.  The Close it down is still buggy too and reports are sent with it too.

PhotoLab is very bug ridden verses the older Optics Pro 11 Elite that I still have and runs well.

Sort of kludgy to get to the Lenses database without selecting a camera from the Camera database first too.  Might be better if the Modules pane had Camera Body separate from Lenses.  Too bad it didn't import the database from 11.

Bencsi

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 12:02:33 am »
What I can propose to watch the log files in the c:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\Documents\DxO PhotoLab logs\. The last 6 days' logs are there. Open the log file and search for the 'error' word. Hopefully the particular line give some idea about the reason of the crash.

If you were able to locate some erroneous event, zip the file and send to the support@dxo.com e-mail address.

Endre
Win7/64 PC, i7-3770, 3.9GHz, 24G RAM, Intel HD-4000 GPU, 27" calibrated LG monitor 1920*1080 px res. 82 DPI

Mack

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 05:58:02 pm »
What I can propose to watch the log files in the c:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\Documents\DxO PhotoLab logs\. The last 6 days' logs are there. Open the log file and search for the 'error' word. Hopefully the particular line give some idea about the reason of the crash.

If you were able to locate some erroneous event, zip the file and send to the support@dxo.com e-mail address.

Endre

Thanks Endre.

Log files sent.  Found a lot of errors with the Olympus camera module, and something called "RELEASES" and a "Content.en.md" file that might explain why I cannot exit the program.

Mack

Bencsi

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2018, 08:31:47 pm »
I hope Mack, they will reply soon.

Endre

Bencsi

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 08:41:49 am »
I found the Win10 KB detail in another forum, could cause such trouble
----------------------
The culprit seems to be an update deployed by Microsoft a few days ago. It’s code name is KB4058258. Can you check if you have it on your system ? If so, you could try uninstalling it and check if closing the app works properly.

Regards,
Nicolas
----------------------
Try to uninstall, but probably Windows will reinstall again.

Endre

P.S.: Good news, DxO released the hot fix today - reported by Svetlana.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 11:26:45 am by Bencsi »

sgoldkuhle

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2018, 06:38:40 pm »
I started with PL in December and it was very stable until yesterday, when
I had two freezes and had to close PL by Taskmanager.
As I remember, I installed KB 4058258 before.
I will believe, there are dependencies.

Regards
Stefan

sgospodarenko

• DxO tester (Win version)
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2018, 07:59:41 am »
Hello,

The issue with the Win update package has been resolved and the build was delivered on the February 13th, 2018.

Regards,
Svetlana G.
Regards,
Svetlana G.

photography