Author Topic: Considering buying a dxo product - here's all you need to know.  (Read 3368 times)

rtdj customer

Considering buying a dxo product - here's all you need to know.
« on: November 24, 2017, 07:25:42 pm »
For everyone considering purchasing DxO Products you must know, that they DO NOT OFFER REFUNDS!! Period, if you bought it and activated it you will not get your money back.

So always use the trial version first. Use it more than once. Use the entire time if you have to.
I just purchased PhotoSuite with the new DXO Labs and after two hours have realized because of unaddressed functionality issues it is practically useless to me.

Allsop

• Andrew-Bede Allsop
Re: Considering buying a dxo product - here's all you need to know.
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 09:40:42 am »
Quite misleading headline here, IMHO, it is not "all you need to know"! You also need to know what a great app this is. You also need to learn from the OP's experience who, presumably did not follow his own advice!
It is all part of the rich tapestry of life.

Bencsi

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2017, 12:30:19 pm »
The revoke of registration of a software is not so easy. The registration change one - or more - file content on your PC, withdraw such right is too uncertain. Give back the amount you payed is riskful. The available 30 days test periode - as for me - is enough to make decision.
The only way you should get back your payment ( maybe partly ), use the second licenc for onother person PC and sell your product code. It is legal. The DxO licenc is valid for 2 PCs.
Win7/64 PC, i7-3770, 3.9GHz, 24G RAM, Intel HD-4000 GPU, 27" calibrated LG monitor 1920*1080 px res. 82 DPI

Priscilla Turner

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 10:25:44 am »
I endorse that about the two PCs. I have given the programme to my two children who live in separate buildings in the same city. They could be in different countries for all DxO care.

CopyKatnj

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 01:00:01 am »
I hope this is a good thread to put this into.

DXO is promoting a 40% of photo software last week and now this week. However, when clicking on the links I am brought to the same sales page with the same prices listed since DXOLAB was introduced, not at 40% off. Where is the 40% off pricing? I emailed support last week and was informed that it meant up to 40% but still I find that isn't right either. When placing an order, only the Photo_Lab discount is applied which is not 40% off.

Does anyone know where or how to see the 40% off pricing , specifically for Filmpack 5 Elite? What am I doing wrong?

Mack

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 01:46:44 am »
Something is wrong with the DxO Store.  I tried to buy the Elite version with a credit card and it said "Processing..." and nothing happens.  No email for key, nothing.  Reloaded page and tried again and same thing, "Processing..." and nothing.

Tried the option for using PayPal instead.  Same thing after I logged into PaPal to approve purchase, then back into DxO Store and again "Processing..." and nothing.  No email. No key code. Nothing.  Nothing from PayPal either.

However, the bank picked up the three attempted transactions as fraudulent activity trying to buy off the DxO website and invalidated my credit card along with PayPal to which the card was also stored.  Now no software and no credit card either until they send me a new one in 7-10 days in the mail.

Thanks a lot DxO for killing my credit card off.  Fix your **** website and store.

>:(

Mack

Allsop

• Andrew-Bede Allsop
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2017, 07:46:10 am »
How awful. I hope that you get this sorted out quickly but would also advise, if you have not already done so, for you to contact DxO direct rather than trusting that the message will get to them through this board which is after all a "Users" board, (as a matter of policy I never trust that user boards of any company are always read and acted upon by the companies concerned, they mainly are but I never take it for granted).

More importantly keep a close eye on your Bank and PayPal account.

Vladoslav

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2017, 02:48:06 pm »
How awful. I hope that you get this sorted out quickly but would also advise, if you have not already done so, for you to contact DxO direct rather than trusting that the message will get to them through this board which is after all a "Users" board

This is a shity advice Allsop! Sounds to me like a DxO employe statement...

If DxO has payment processing problems it is good to know this to avoid
future triple payments an card blockings. What you think Allsop?

Mack

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2017, 03:01:07 pm »
I sent emails to their Feedback link at the bottom of the site as well as through the  My Account for support.  All I got back was generic "Thank you for contacting us" responses.

No doubt by the time I get a new credit card, their Upgrade sale will end and I'll be stuck with a higher price due to their lousy online purchasing party.

Not a happy camper because there are other things I want to buy on post Xmas sales online, but DxO has killed my card for 7-10 days on "Fraudulent activity" by the bank.

DxO needs to address their 3rd party if that's where the matter lies, or their response server for the download and key after the "Processing..." wheel stops spinning.

Bencsi

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2017, 05:35:03 pm »
Hi Mack,

It is not usual, that your transaction refused. In the normal bank transaction, the source of the debit is under test, whether or not the debtor is trustful. If this test fail, the transaction will be interrupted - this is what you experienced as a stuck of the processing. In my practice, it was a typical situation when I went to Japan from Europe and tried to pay ~2000 US$ is a camera shop. My bank definitely refused to fill the transaction. I called my bank 24 hours service to get explanation. They said, it was stop by the bank risk management software.
I can recommend to anyone, who experience any web purchase difficulty, call the bank immediately. It is the most quick way to get explanation. The code of refuse help to identify the problem. Suck code will be revealed after your identification by human. In some case among others, the available daily limit or the available amount also produce such trouble.
You are right, it would more correct to give the reason of refuse to you. Unfortunately the general privacy policy prevent the total information deliver in such cases.
It is too late, maybe you can call your bank call-center and ask for detailed report about the refused transaction background.
The e-mail to support@dxo.com also mandatory to get solution from the team.

Endre
Win7/64 PC, i7-3770, 3.9GHz, 24G RAM, Intel HD-4000 GPU, 27" calibrated LG monitor 1920*1080 px res. 82 DPI

CopyKatnj

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2017, 10:02:36 pm »
I've been monitoring the thread but no one has explained or said that they found the 40% discount link.

Anyone find it and willing to reveal where it is?

Mack

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2017, 04:24:32 am »
Hi Mack,

It is not usual, that your transaction refused. In the normal bank transaction, the source of the debit is under test, whether or not the debtor is trustful. If this test fail, the transaction will be interrupted - this is what you experienced as a stuck of the processing. In my practice, it was a typical situation when I went to Japan from Europe and tried to pay ~2000 US$ is a camera shop. My bank definitely refused to fill the transaction. I called my bank 24 hours service to get explanation. They said, it was stop by the bank risk management software.
I can recommend to anyone, who experience any web purchase difficulty, call the bank immediately. It is the most quick way to get explanation. The code of refuse help to identify the problem. Suck code will be revealed after your identification by human. In some case among others, the available daily limit or the available amount also produce such trouble.
You are right, it would more correct to give the reason of refuse to you. Unfortunately the general privacy policy prevent the total information deliver in such cases.
It is too late, maybe you can call your bank call-center and ask for detailed report about the refused transaction background.
The e-mail to support@dxo.com also mandatory to get solution from the team.

Endre

It wasn't the banks fault, it was the DxO Stores website that could not complete the purchase.  The DxO store said "Processing..."  as though it would finally give me a download and email for the key, etc. as the card went through initially, but the DxO store's website never finished.

The bank (or credit card) picked up the three attempts and why they flagged it and killed the card off.  The bank must have cleared the first one, but the DxO's store could not complete the transaction and get back to me.  After the third, Visa picked it up and killed the transaction due to DxO store's questionable operation.

So far after three attempts trying to contact DxO via their feed back and through My Support, nothing.  Very poor service, imho.  Not to mention I'm now sans a credit card too due to the lousy DxO website's "Processing...." server screw-up that goes no where on to Step 4 of their timeline to buy something and complete the sale.

Have to wait for a new credit card in a week and maybe try again if DxO Store gets their act together by then.  No doubt DxO will jack the upgrade price up by the time that happens too. 

sgospodarenko

• DxO tester (Win version)
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2017, 08:35:24 am »
I've been monitoring the thread but no one has explained or said that they found the 40% discount link.

Anyone find it and willing to reveal where it is?

Here is the link to PhotoLab - https://shop.dxo.com/us/photo-software/dxo-photolab
And FilmPack - https://shop.dxo.com/us/photo-software/dxo-filmpack
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Allsop

• Andrew-Bede Allsop
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2017, 04:26:02 pm »
This is a shity advice Allsop! Sounds to me like a DxO employe statement...

If DxO has payment processing problems it is good to know this to avoid
future triple payments an card blockings. What you think Allsop?
[/quote]

Sorry you do not like my advice, I was only trying to help, oh and I am not an employee of this or other company of any kind being a retired Registered Nurse of 71 years old! And here is another piece of advice, if you really use you bad language please spell it correctly.

CopyKatnj

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2017, 05:50:23 pm »

Here is the link to PhotoLab - https://shop.dxo.com/us/photo-software/dxo-photolab
And FilmPack - https://shop.dxo.com/us/photo-software/dxo-filmpack

Thank you for the links, but none of those prices are  40% off, they are the same  PhotoLab release discounts.

photography
photography