Author Topic: DXO won’t Export anymore  (Read 4772 times)

tgrisier

DXO won’t Export anymore
« on: November 17, 2017, 03:32:04 am »
I recently started using Optic Pro Essential and love it. So much so I’m ready to give up Lightroom. However, tonight OP tells me that my image is processed but needs to be updated. And no matter what image I try to export the export box is greyed out. I’m feeling a little frustrated right now. How do I fix this?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 06:59:08 pm by tgrisier »

JG777

Re: DXO won’t Export anymore
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 06:48:21 pm »
Did anything change on your computer? Any updates that may have changed something? Might be worth trying a re-install and seeing if the problem persists.

Rgds

Bencsi

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 09:10:47 pm »
The reinstall is a good solution.
The DxO prevent the Exporting for some reason ( file size is too small in pixel, the source file is not readable - in spite of the thumbnail is visible, files generated by e.g. Adobe Illustrator, etc.). Try to test with a new folder and one image made by camera. If the Database incl. a wrong file detail - based on the file name - it will remember forever.

The error is not usual in DxO RAW converters.

Endre
Win7/64 PC, i7-3770, 3.9GHz, 24G RAM, Intel HD-4000 GPU, 27" calibrated LG monitor 1920*1080 px res. 82 DPI

LCDI

• Mac test leader
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.dxo.com
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 08:01:20 am »
An other thing, maybe when you are sorted your photo you reject some (using "x" key or "9")
In this case, you can't export the rejected picture.
You can see the rejected pictures using the filtering or on mouse over the thumbnail you have a Red dot on the border.

To remove this you need to "Untag" picture (use "U" key for example)

PAt

tgrisier

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 12:39:10 am »
Thanks for the replies!  The only thing that changed was that I installed PhotoMechanic, but have since uninstalled it.  I tried the uninstall/reinstall but that didn't work.  I can export to everything EXCEPT to disk....any disk.  So I've been exporting to Photoshop Elements and exporting from there.  I guess this wouldn't be a problem if I were using OP as part of my Lightroom workflow but I was planning on dumping Lightroom.

LCDI

• Mac test leader
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 08:40:59 am »
Hello tgrisier,

It could be great to get in touch with the support about your problem.

Regards,

PAt

igor123

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 12:41:50 am »
Hi, I was wondering if any solution was found to this problem? I seem to have the same one, although repairing the installation (using the msi package) or uninstall+install does not seem to work.

Running the program as administrator does not change anything either. I haven't done/changed anything on the computer that I know between last export 2 days ago and today. For reference, it's also optics pro essential 11 and on windows 10 (nvidia 1070 graphics, intel 6700 cpu).

(My problem is that suddenly the "Export" button in the export to disk-dialog is not possible to click for any existing (disk) export target or new targets.)

Best regards
Igor

LCDI

• Mac test leader
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2018, 09:21:02 am »
What About that :

An other thing, maybe when you are sorted your photo you reject some (using "x" key or "9")
In this case, you can't export the rejected picture.
You can see the rejected pictures using the filtering or on mouse over the thumbnail you have a Red dot on the border.

To remove this you need to "Untag" picture (use "U" key for example)

PAt

igor123

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2018, 09:59:27 pm »
Hi, sorry no, I forgot to write that; I tried rejecting, picking, and un-tagging pictures as well, makes no difference, even old images that have never been opened in dxo before are not possible to export either, or the ones i exported just the other day - none at all.

igor123

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2018, 11:44:12 pm »
I've found the problem (a bug it seems), what caused it, and a solution:

I erased all dxo-folders in my user folder (in application data, both local and roaming, but in hindsight I could probably have left the db folder), thus "resetting" the application a bit more than just a reinstall. I lost cache, lens profiles (will be re-downloaded), database (but I export sidecars so no problem other than performance), and most of all preferences and workspace configuration (has to be re-done), but many of these things can probably be retained if backed up and replaced, or if you find the exact spot where the export preset configs are saved.

This solved the problem, and when i tried to reproduce it, I found what caused it in the end: If the selected export preset is deleted, then no other preset can be actively selected, but all are greyed out. Their properties can be changed, new ones created, renamed etc, but none can be "selected" as in checked in the checkbox, so the application doesn't see a selected preset, (even though it is "clicked on"), and thus disabling the export button.

So as a new user and also software developer this gets me a bit worried about the code and QA processes at dxo...as they say here, one time is no time but if more show up...

sgospodarenko

• DxO tester (Win version)
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2018, 09:40:18 am »
Hello,

Thank you for the explanation. The issue is actual for Essential only. It will be investigated and fixed.

Btw, if you experience any trouble with the application, do not hesitate to get in touch with the support team for the help - https://support.dxo.com/hc/en-us

Regards,
Svetlana G.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 09:51:16 am by sgospodarenko »
Regards,
Svetlana G.

sgospodarenko

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2018, 03:22:26 pm »
Hello again,

The issue is fixed and you'll get the fix with the next public release.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

igor123

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2018, 12:39:30 am »
Wow! Thanks, I'm impressed at the swift action!

sgospodarenko

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2018, 08:16:55 am »
 ;D
Regards,
Svetlana G.

photography