Author Topic: Apple Photo Plugin/Extension?  (Read 518 times)

Top362nd

Apple Photo Plugin/Extension?
« on: November 13, 2017, 07:22:47 pm »
Does Photo Suite have an Apple Photos Plugin/Extension like OpticsPro did?  I see people talking about it but if it exists I can't figure out how to install or enable it.  The only possible way I can see to open Apple Photos files directly is to work inside  Photo Suite and to browse under Pictures -> Photo Library, and to try to find what I am looking for that way.  Is there a way to call Photo Suite from inside Apple Photos?

David Kelly

Re: Apple Photo Plugin/Extension?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 08:58:49 pm »
I am using High Sierra and I can say that you can edit from there into DXO PhotoLab. All you need to do is not be in the editing mode. If you are in the browser mode you need to right mouse click or control click the image and click on "Edit With" from within the menu. There you should find DXO PhotoLab and other DXO software. If it doesn't show up click "other" at the bottom of the menu and go to your applications folder and you should find it there.

BrianBotts

Re: Apple Photo Plugin/Extension?
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 04:13:30 am »
I don't believe that "Edit With" passes the RAW file, but rather a 16-bit TIFF file to DxO.
We need DxO to build an extension for Photos like they did with the light weight, Mac App Store sold DxO OpticsPro app.

photography
photography