Author Topic: DXO Photolab: Adjustments lost during export of multiple files  (Read 744 times)

nardew

DXO Photolab: Adjustments lost during export of multiple files
« on: November 12, 2017, 02:19:16 pm »
Hi,

I have a trial version of DXO Photo Lab Elite for Mac and spotted a weird problem while exporting multiple files from RAW to JPEG. I have an image with several adjustments and the issue is that when I export multiple files, some adjustments are not in the exported JPEG file. Particularly it seems that white balance is way off but seems that colours impacted by local adjustments also do not match. Some images have strong green tint for no reason. If I export only a single image, everything is always okay.

I suspected that it can be due to DXO choosing wrong colour profile when export multiple images but it turns out it is not (I tried to choose different colour profiles for single image and it never matched the output when exporting multiple images). For sake of completeness I shoot sRGB.

I also suspected it could be due to simultaneous exporting of images (my setting was set to 2 in parallel) but after changing it to 1 it did not help.

Since I am seriously thinking of buying the product, I want to be sure that the issue can be solved.

Thanks a lot for help.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 02:42:23 pm by nardew »

Bencsi

Re: DXO Photolab: Adjustments lost during export of multiple files
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 08:13:58 pm »
I think the best way to write to support@dxo.com your complain. Both issue should be investigated certainly.

Endre
Win7/64 PC, i7-3770, 3.9GHz, 24G RAM, Intel HD-4000 GPU, 27" calibrated LG monitor 1920*1080 px res. 82 DPI

nardew

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 09:33:51 pm »
I think the best way to write to support@dxo.com your complain. Both issue should be investigated certainly.

Endre

Hi Endre,

I already did, waiting for a reply. I'll let everyone know once I have news.

Andrej

LCDI

• Mac test leader
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.dxo.com
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 11:02:32 am »
Hello nardew,

I have some questions about your problem.
Could provide us some pictures where you have this problem and sidecars* ?
What is the type off camera body and Len ? 
And could give us some detailed step on what you do to have this problem ?

Thanks.
PAt

*In case you need to upload big files for your bug reports you can upload your files to our file server at the following URL:
http://upload.dxo.com

Please, fill in all fields.
In “Support ticket number” field you should write  your Forum User Name. Please, make a note in your bug report to confirm that the files are available on our server.

nardew

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 10:23:28 pm »
Hi,

I am shooting with Nikon D7100 + Nikkor 16-80 2.8-4F in sRGB, so pretty standard setup.

I have uploaded two sets of files via the link you provided (it did not generate any link for me so I hope you are able to get them) - the first one called adjust_X.jpg illustrates wrong local adjustments in the exported file. In particular, I updated tint (towards greens) on the green trees. adjust_3.jpg shows the end result when I exported whole image set (240 files). adjust_2.jpg shows the result when exporting three images. adjust_1.jpg shows the result when I upload the single file and this is the result I actually see in DXO.

The second set shows a strong green tint in the clouds where in fact I just changed the white balance and vibrancy to enhance the reds and orange. tint_1.jpg is the correct file, tint_2.jpg is the file which is coming from the export of multiple files.

I wanted to attach the DOP files (after renaming to TXT files) but it says 'The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved.'. So I uploaded them via the same link as JPEGs.

The workflow was quite simple. I have a folder with images, I performed my updates and at the end I selected all images and Exported to disk (JPEG, 90 quality). Then when reviewing the photos I spotted strange colours in some of them. When I exported the single image again (since the JPEG did not match what I could see in DXO) all of a sudden it was okay. Then after some iterations I found out that if I select more than one image for export, the above mentioned problems appear. This is only for some photos though. All of them have in common that I did manual adjustments with WB/tint changes. But there are also photos with such adjustments which were exported correctly.

Thank you,
A.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 10:26:22 pm by nardew »

LCDI

• Mac test leader
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 10:30:55 am »
Hello nardew,

To be on the same track, you have some RAWs picture in your filmstrip, you change WB parameters on some pictures.
When you process picture 1 by 1 no problem the parameter is the right one but when you process all pictures, there are some processed pictures with bad WB values

That is ok ?

PAt

nardew

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 12:17:32 am »
Hi,

correct, just to add that all of those incorrect changes are related to local adjustments. I am in touch with DXO support team, I'll let you know once there is anything new.

A.

nardew

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2017, 03:26:25 pm »
I am happy to inform you that DXO team managed to fix the issue. They provided me with a custom version of PhotoLab to verify the fix and it works fine. I hope it will get to the live version very soon.

LCDI

• Mac test leader
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2017, 11:03:54 am »
It is released on v1.1.0.56 ;)

photography
photography