Author Topic: Photo Lab Magnification Slider  (Read 5086 times)

Wolf G

Photo Lab Magnification Slider
« on: October 25, 2017, 09:17:31 pm »
The slider does not appear at the bottom of the Move/Zoom panel. It shows as being positioned at that location in the general interface introduction for Photo Lab help. Would appreciate guidance on how to enable. Thanks,

SAFC01

Re: Photo Lab Magnification Slider
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 10:22:12 pm »
I've raised a support ticket about this earlier today. When I get a response I'll post it here.

Bruno S.

• OpticsPro - Product Owner
  • Global Moderator
  • DxO Team
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 05:56:44 pm »
Hello all,

The options are no more available in the Move/zoom palette. You can still navigate into the palette, and zoom in/out from the main toolbar of the interface.
Thank you

SAFC01

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 05:49:24 pm »
The reply I received to my support ticket was as follows:

Thank you for writing. If you adjust the zoom level in the main working window, you will see a box of corresponding relative size appear in the Move/Zoom palette window. You can then move this box around the image in the Move/Zoom window and see the area in the main working window also move. The box in the Move/Zoom window corresponds in size to the level of zoom you have applied to your main window.

My reply to this was:

Thank you for your reply. While I understand your reply it does not explain why the Move/Zoom Palette does not feature the small toolbar that was present with the same palette in DxO Optics Pro. The toolbar was useful in that the Magnifying Glass item allowed you to zoom in to select a specific part of the image - without this you have to guess a Zoom % on the main image toolbar in order to achieve the same effect which is less accurate and less straightforward.

The DxO response was:

Thank you for writing back. The small dock was removed because much of what it accomplished by the toolbar was already being handled by the tools for the main processing window. We will be happy to pass along your interest in returning this feature to the program to our development team for their consideration. A suggestion on your behalf will be automatically created and sent to the developers once this ticket is closed.

If anyone else finds / found the Move/Zoom Palette toolbar useful I suggest they add their support to reinstating this feature.

bobkoure

Re: Photo Lab Magnification
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 04:33:13 pm »
Is there any way to enable [ctl]- and [ctl]+ to change magnification? 20+ years of Photoshop and that's pretty much a spinal reflex for me now. FWIW, FastRawViewer defaults to this, but I think you can change it.
Hoping it's change-able / assign-able here, too...

gramps

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2017, 05:27:48 pm »
Hello all,

The options are no more available in the Move/zoom palette. You can still navigate into the palette, and zoom in/out from the main toolbar of the interface.
Thank you

I too find this a real nuisance, it changes the Move/Zoom box from a useful tool to a pointless waste of monitor space. I tried the trial for a couple of days and was disappointed by this feature loss and so  just removed it. I downloaded it again today to use for the final few days of the trial, just to check if this had been corrected, only to find it hadn't. The loss of the feature prevents me from making the move to Photolab, what a shame.

Mike1

Re: Photo Lab Magnification
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 01:52:53 am »
Is there any way to enable [ctl]- and [ctl]+ to change magnification?
I do that on the main window; it would be a plus to be able to do so when over the Move/Zoom box too.

Bencsi

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2017, 01:44:49 pm »
Hi Guys,

Did you try the click anywhere on image preview and scroll the mouse wheel while press the Space key ? It is substituting the several click action to magnify. This function similar to the
- double click on main preview toggle the full and fit to window view
- press & keep pressed the Space button and left mouse click to use the mouse to move image

I think is a progress.

Endre
Win7/64 PC, i7-3770, 3.9GHz, 24G RAM, Intel HD-4000 GPU, 27" calibrated LG monitor 1920*1080 px res. 82 DPI

Optimist

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2017, 05:46:44 pm »
Wolf G, I too have raised a ticket (and had it closed) regarding this issue. Much of my work is macro, very often photographing insects in the field that are as small as 2mm. It is therefore essential to zoom in on these subjects to ascertain the quality of the image. The subjects are not always in the centre of the frame. I found the Move/Zoom magnification slider a 'must have' tool. I do not want to use software that reduces the move and zooming ability to what is, in my opinion, little more than a guessing game. What were DXO thinking about when they removed the tool? Why progress backwards?

Bencsi

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2017, 11:17:03 pm »
@Optimist

There are two more way to fine adjust zoom:
1. On the top of the main window, there is a zoom percentage field. You can write any value there. It is true, in the past there was a magnifier icon to show the role.
2. Push the Space key on the keyboard and scroll your mouse wheel

I'm not sure, none of these methods are worse than click on a pointer and drag it to a limited resolution position. The direct input resolution to the zoom field may be not enough resolution ( 1% only ), it would be welcome to have one more digit for tenth.

Endre
Win7/64 PC, i7-3770, 3.9GHz, 24G RAM, Intel HD-4000 GPU, 27" calibrated LG monitor 1920*1080 px res. 82 DPI

Pieloe

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2017, 08:44:35 am »
Another solution is to click on the subject - the insect in your case - in the main window and scroll the mouse wheel.
The zoom effect keep centered on the subject.

gramps

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2018, 02:02:09 pm »
The original 'loupe' window worked really well and conveniently, there is obviously a call for it, why is it so difficult to reinstate?

Bencsi

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2018, 11:53:55 am »
... because the Product Owner treat as not useful enough.

Endre

gramps

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2018, 04:44:05 pm »
Their loss.

photography