Author Topic: Can't access download servers for Modules  (Read 2533 times)

Badja52

Can't access download servers for Modules
« on: October 25, 2017, 07:26:01 pm »
Hi, I recently installed the free gift version of OP 11, all OK, but when I click on a photo OP says I need a module, so I select the offered one clik the link and get a "The remote server returned an error 403 Forbidden"
So I tried a manual download and in 3 different browsers got the same  - 403 - basically I don't have permission to access the file.

Emailed support and Sean replied it is my end (?) - so I stopped my AntiVirus and added DxO to my Firewall permitted applications - and the same result 403 !! (Both from DxOOP and direct manual download.
It is not specific to any module - I tried an Apple iphone module manual link and got 403'd - so I am at a loss to know what to do next. Really wanted to use this prog. instead of LR for my Olympus EM1 but this is crazy, why can't there be a simple file link to d/L the modules instead of via a script redirection ??

Any help appreciated.
John

John7

Re: Can't access download servers for Modules
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 04:56:36 pm »
PhotoLlab is  very slow and annoying you have to re down load every thing again, version 11 was always OK
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 05:24:31 pm by John7 »

lenmerkel

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 06:45:39 pm »
I can confirm the "The remote server returned an error 403 Forbidden" error message in both Optics Pro 11 and the new PhotoLab 1. I have reported this to support and have a ticket. My guess is that something got broken at the DxO servers when Photo Lab was launched.

Dxo team: Please fix this as a matter of urgency. It does not appear to be related to any specific image files.

Ticket #: 125018.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 06:59:40 pm by lenmerkel »

lenmerkel

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 05:55:18 am »
I just updated my ticket with Support. I thought I'd try downloading and reinstalling PhotoLab again. However, although I can login to My Account, trying to download the product results in the same "(403) forbidden" error. Looks like there's a problem with the DxO download server. Hopefully they'll fix this quickly.

Badja52

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 01:29:05 pm »
Received this today from Support :-

"Sorry for the inconvenience. We encountered an incident with our server.
It is now fixed. . . ."

And it is !!! Downloading as normal folks

JOhn

lenmerkel

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2017, 12:11:05 am »
Yep, I can also confirm - very happy.  :)

photography