Author Topic: Dxo and the new Lightroom  (Read 2833 times)

JoachimStrobel

• My Website
Dxo and the new Lightroom
« on: October 20, 2017, 06:27:47 am »
Does the DXO optics V11 LR plugin still work with the new LR classic? Does DXO send photos back to LR classic as before?
How will this work with LR CC "new"?
Rollei35S - Durst M601 - Canon Ftb - Canon F1 - Sony A7ii

marclw

Re: Dxo and the new Lightroom
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 12:31:42 am »
I can't get them to work. I followed DXO's advice. NADA! Running a MacPro with latest system software (beta). Not happy!

JoachimStrobel

• My Website
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 02:49:36 pm »
Answering my own question after some work:
LR CC CLassic works with DXO V11. I installed LRCCCL parallel to LR2015 and the plugin was there.
Photolab has a new plugin which installs itself in LRCCCL. There are then two plugins: One to push data to V11, one to Photoloab. From Photolab it goes back to LRCCCL as usual.

This all does not work of course with LRCC as this is cloud bases, has no real local data and no plugins.
One could think of pushing data from LRCCCL to Photolab and saving results to disk and then importing those with LRCC. The huge file size of the 16bit Tiffs speak a bit against that, so one would do this with some type of JPEG, opening the quustion if the almost lossless TIFFS (or DNGS) are still to be stored in LRCCCL. Things seem not to become easier.....
Rollei35S - Durst M601 - Canon Ftb - Canon F1 - Sony A7ii

Mack

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 06:49:01 pm »
Aside, I was surprised to hear in Hollywood that some editors are not online and never can be due to theft of intellectual property where it might leak out of their computer leading to a lawsuit.  One editing software uses a security dongle so the computer and software is locked down and it never connects to the internet.  Any updates are downloaded into another computer and then fed into their editing bay computers.  No Cloud anything or Internet is allowed on them (They do not use Adobe Cloud software either.).

photography