Author Topic: Switching microphones  (Read 1777 times)

seldomstatic

Switching microphones
« on: October 16, 2017, 09:28:55 pm »
With the new Facebook Live feature that was just launched, it appears you can switch microphones between the DXO and the iPhone. However, I'm curious to know if you can switch microphones using the standard video capture mode on the DXO. I would prefer to use the iPhone microphone especially in standalone video mode.

In short, can you switch microphones using the standard video mode on the DXO or is this feature only available while using Facebook Live?

cvandevoorde

• Global Moderator
Re: Switching microphones
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 09:59:48 am »
Hi,

Currently, the microphone switch is only available while using Facebook Live, as it is your phone that is in charge of producing and streaming the video. So your phone can easily access its own microphone.

In standalone mode (no connection camera - iPhone), the camera can indeed not use the iPhone's microphones as no connection has been made.

When connected using WiFi, that would mean that the camera takes control of the phone's microphones over WiFi, as the camera is in charge of producing the video. It is unfortunately not that straightforward and is not part of the 3.0 release. But that idea is duly noted!

Hope that helps!

seldomstatic

Re: Switching microphones
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 05:47:13 pm »
Thanks for confirming. I was hoping the 3.0 release would allow us to use the iphone microphone over wifi given that you can switch microphones using the new Facebook Live option. Would still love to see that added in a future release.

photography