Author Topic: NEED MORE CAMERA SUPPORT  (Read 682 times)

Tom G

NEED MORE CAMERA SUPPORT
« on: October 14, 2017, 11:04:43 am »
Hi all

just tried the DxO 11   there is very little camera support I use the Fuji X-T2   Which has been out
for  2yrs  and its still not supported

the Nikon D7500 been out 3mths  and that camera is supported

DxO  is very slow at updating camera profiles as far as I can see

I'm GLAD  I got to try this program out  it is brilliant BUT  does not support Fuji R.A.F.FILES

OR MY Fuji  X-T2   after two years  so that tells me a lot about there support

seem non existent for Fuji  and  I also had the Pentax K3   that's been ot 5yrs  and that camera is not supported

anyone any advice

why bring out  a brilliant program  but with no  support for cameras cripples the program

sorry for the rant   but  I thought it supported Fuji cameras  so disappointing

Tom G   Scotland

lnh

Re: NEED MORE CAMERA SUPPORT
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 06:08:41 pm »
In the same boat as you regarding the X-T2. After MANY years of devoted use (and paid upgrades) for DxO OP, it pains me that DxO is pretty much the only RAW converter on the market which doesn't support Fujifilm cameras with X-Trans based sensors. DxO has been pretty upfront regarding their non-support for these cameras and I'm not holding out much hope for the future. At the very least, I'd appreciate support for DNG files where it's not the native RAW format for a camera. Luckily, there are some great options for RAW converters which do support Fuji, and I'm finding myself mostly using this software now even when I have files from my older cameras which are supported by DxO.

Priscilla Turner

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 11:40:15 am »
I can't help teasing you just a little about the "MANY". I thought it was only on the crazy west coast of N. America that people spoke of many when they meant several. I have indeed been photographing for MANY years, i.e. since the mid-1950s; but not one soul has used any digital cam for more than a few years, because the whole technology is only several years old.

maralatho

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 06:19:29 pm »
For years I had a similar problem with my Sigma .X3F raw files. Almost no software supported their proprietary raw format other than Sigma's own, so in the end I used the Sigma app to convert all of my X3Fs to 16-bit TIFF format, and now they work in everything.

For best results you need to do a few things using your vendor-supplied software. First, get the white balance correct while the image is still raw. Second, reduce the image contrast to the lowest setting the software allows (to ensure that the TIFF contains as much dynamic range as possible). Third, disable sharpness.

The idea here is that you create a TIFF which provides you as much adjustment latitude as possible — something very close to a raw but without the raw compatibility problems — so that working with it in DXO Optics is very much like working with a raw file. Bring the contrast back up and add sharpness and make other adjustments such as rotation and cropping etc in DXO Optics.

Keep in mind that most raw formats including DNG are just variations on the TIFF standard, so this isn't as extreme an approach as it might seem.

lenmerkel

photography
photography