Author Topic: FIlmpack : les filtres  (Read 1078 times)

rsp

FIlmpack : les filtres
« on: October 10, 2017, 09:11:09 pm »
Il serait bien plus pratique quand on choisit un filtre que le menu reste ouvert et qu'on puisse passer d'un filtre au suivant sans avoir à recliquer N fois. Je sais, les puristes diront que si j'avais le niveau en photographie je choisirais sans hésiter...

Bon, je ne crois plus du tout que qui que ce soit s'intéresse à nos propositions, il suffit de voir comment les suggestions de Pieloe ont été prises en compte depuis 2 ou 3 ans par exemple, mais sait-on jamais ?
rsp

Priscilla Turner

Re: FIlmpack : les filtres
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 08:12:20 am »
You'll forgive my replying in English: my active knowledge of French is not good these days.

What I really do desiderate is balancing/corrective filters which ARE filters, i.e. they subtract instead of adding. Both in DxO and PS the so-called colour filters actually just put a layer of colour over the image or a selected portion of it. I use particularly an 80A, an 81A and an FL-Day in real life, but have many digital images made before I understood that they were as useful as with film (I have been photographing since the 1950s).

rsp

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 08:29:39 pm »
I'll try to answer in English.
My point was not about the "quality" of (or the processing behind) the filters, rather about ergonomics. I would prefer to see immediately the effect of the filter on the picture, as soon as I pass the mouse over the name of the filter. Or, maybe a list that is not disappearing as soon as one filter is selected.
rsp

Priscilla Turner

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 11:40:22 pm »
Thanks so much! And I apologise for diverting your thread.

I still understand French perfectly well, it's just that you would not enjoy my attempts at producing it, so many decades since I was a schoolgirl!

Bencsi

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 09:08:39 am »
Hi rsp,

It is not an easy job, but you can generate some Preset, to fill your need.
1. Make all tools disable ( most easy way to click No correction' among Presets )
2. Go to DXO FILMPACK tool / Color Rendering
3. Chose a film related item ( e.g. Color positive films ) and one film type ( e.g. Fuji Velvia 50 )
4. Go to the PRESET EDITOR window and select on the top icon row the 2nd icon ( New preset from current image )
5. Give a new name and Enter.

The new preset will be placed at the end of all available Presets. You can generate new folder for your film related Presets to avoid too long list outside the visible list and move your versions inside.
When you generated all your important film related Presets, on the main window top right corner you can open the Apply Preset preview list, where all Presets thumbnails will be visible.
The Preset override all settings, therefore you have to apply FIRST the film preset, otherwise the selection delete all previous settings' change.

Good luck

Endre
Win7/64 PC, i7-3770, 3.9GHz, 24G RAM, Intel HD-4000 GPU, 27" calibrated LG monitor 1920*1080 px res. 82 DPI

Valdo

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 10:43:44 am »
My point was not about the "quality" of (or the processing behind) the filters, rather about ergonomics. I would prefer to see immediately the effect of the filter on the picture, as soon as I pass the mouse over the name of the filter. Or, maybe a list that is not disappearing as soon as one filter is selected.

Most probably DxO do not use GPU acceleration, or it is not properly implemented.
I switched to another software which displays the filter effects exactly as you describe.

rsp

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2017, 02:20:18 pm »

Most probably DxO do not use GPU acceleration, or it is not properly implemented.
I switched to another software which displays the filter effects exactly as you describe.
Thanks for the answer.
rsp

photography
photography