Author Topic: Knock, knock, knock… anyone in at DxO?  (Read 2304 times)

Allsop

• Andrew-Bede Allsop
Re: Knock, knock, knock… anyone in at DxO?
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2017, 06:39:23 pm »
Thank you Svetlana that is most helpful as it at least gives us the reassurance that someone is listening.  :D
It is all part of the rich tapestry of life.

Nick_

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2017, 10:38:27 pm »
Hi Svetlana

Yep, I'm a DxO representative. I can't reveal anything about the coming version but I just ask you to wait a little bit and you'll see everything by yourselves.
I think all of us understand a company doesn't disclose in advance the specifications of its new versions.
Yet that doesn't mean the company should cut all contact with its customers within its own forum.
Does the company take into any account the feature requests made by them? In other terms what's the purpose of this Feature Suggestions forum? If no one ever reads it at DxO you could just terminate it so we would no longer lose time making suggestions.

Regards
Nick
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 01:19:06 pm by Nick_ »

Allsop

• Andrew-Bede Allsop
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2017, 06:35:36 am »
Svetlana has said she is a representative of the company and has asked us to "wait a little" which I think is reasonable especially as she is obviously unable to divulge what is happening and what is to come from the company. We should respect her wishes and I am content to do that. I note that she does not say that she is a spokes-person of the company  and I certainly do not think that we should make demands of Svetlana but let her get on with her job at DxO whatever that is unless, of course, Svetlana comes back and says that she is authorised to speak for the company and divulge more details on what is happening.

With regard to Nick's point about feature suggestions the decision is ours as to whether or not we as individuals keep posting them in the hope/expectation that some notice will be taken of them after whatever is coming has come, or we save our time and effort until after that happens and then post suggestions in the light of whatever is happens.

Something major is obviously happening in the development stakes at DxO and it is likely I think that the products as we know them now will see major changes which may, I suppose, include some of our suggestions.

sgospodarenko

• DxO tester (Win version)
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2017, 10:26:51 am »
Hello,

I think all of us understand a company doesn't disclose in advance the specifications of its new versions.
Yet that doesn't mean the company should cut all contact with its customers within its own forum?
Does the company take into any account the feature requests made by them? In other terms what's the purpose of this Feature Suggestions forum? If no one ever reads it at DxO you could just terminate it so we would no longer lose time making suggestions.

Regards
Nick
I do agree with you that the contact with the users should be kept alive. We are trying to find new ways of communication to realize it.

As for your suggestions, I'm sure you understand that we can't implement everything. But the suggestions are analyzed, the most interesting are added to the list of implementation and prioritized.

Sorry for not having a double-sided communication for now.

To Allsop: Thank you for the support  ;)

Guys, it's less than a month for a new version's coming. Let's wait for it and then we'll continue our discussion, ok?  ;)

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Bencsi

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2017, 12:20:36 pm »
That is the correct answer for inpatient customers Svetlana, a rough date for changes.

Thanks, Endre
Win7/64 PC, i7-3770, 3.9GHz, 24G RAM, Intel HD-4000 GPU, 27" calibrated LG monitor 1920*1080 px res. 82 DPI

Allsop

• Andrew-Bede Allsop
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2017, 05:19:32 pm »
I do not know about anyone else but I feel a lot happier now.  :) Thank you Svetlana.

Nick_

« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2017, 01:37:56 am »
I do agree with you that the contact with the users should be kept alive. We are trying to find new ways of communication to realize it.

As for your suggestions, I'm sure you understand that we can't implement everything. But the suggestions are analyzed, the most interesting are added to the list of implementation and prioritized.
I sure do understand. Yet the questions are:
1. Do you at least examine the suggestions we make and do you take some of them into account?
2. Do you let us know you actually you give them a thought?
Because I am wondering why we should continue contributing to this forum.

As I said Apple lost one more loyal customer, me, after 30 years, because it takes no care at all about what its customers actually want and manufactures a range of computers that are either good but for small niches (MacBooks and iMacs) or just jokes like the MacPro or the Mac Mini. More and more former macmaniacs are tired of not getting the desktop they need and go for a hackintosh.
As a matter of fact, Apple doesn't really care: now computers are peanuts in their bottom line.

This is an advice I give you: a company that doesn't communicate with its customer and is not focused on what they actually need may become a bureaucracy that ends up releasing products that miss their target. It happened many times.

Guys, it's less than a month for a new version's coming. Let's wait for it and then we'll continue our discussion, ok?  ;)
For decades since the beginning of the computer industry we were waiting for new releases with excitation: what would be the specifications of the next computer, the next OS, the next software version? What new stuff those guys invented? There was a real suspense.
Maybe it's because of my age: now I have my own list of specs and I only check if the new stuff meets them or not. I don't get excited any more with coming releases and often I don't upgrade.
So, don't try to surprise me. Give me what I want.

When I discovered DOP it was exactly the soft I needed on many respects. Yet some features are missing and some don't work well. If I find another soft that does the job I want I'll go for it.
I am loyal only as long as the specs in my list keep checked.

Nick

Allsop

• Andrew-Bede Allsop
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2017, 06:51:41 am »
Nick, I think both your questions have been answered by Svetlana in the piece from her that you quote, As for your suggestions, I'm sure you understand that we can't implement everything. "But the suggestions are analyzed, the most interesting are added to the list of implementation and prioritized."

Nick_

« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2017, 10:46:06 am »
I think a company like DxO with a customer base of dedicated enthusiast and professional photographers should be more proactive in its relationship with them. It should make surveys about their usage and their satisfaction of the current products and about their expectations for future versions. They would feel they are listened to and cared for. It would allow DxO to better target the improvements they plan.

With Adobe's customer base bleeding because of its new subscription policy I think there is a boulevard that's opening for alternative softs like DOP if only it had a better collection management in the first place, many interface improvements and a couple of other features.

Nick

afoxson

« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2017, 04:38:57 pm »

Svetlana,

It’s very disappointing that still absolutely no official messaging has been released by DxO regarding OpticsPro, ViewPoint or FilmPack as yet. DxO seems to have very serious issues communicating and managing its relationship with its user base. Many thousands of photographers across the world will be spending sizable amounts of money on photography software upgrades in the coming weeks, yet the absolute silence coming from DxO is both deafening and unacceptable. Had I known prior how poor DxO is with customer engagement, I would never have invested into the system of the aforementioned three products.

ON1 Photo Raw 2018 has been announced.

Luminar 2018 Supernova has been announced.

Lightroom CC has been newly introduced and Lightroom CC classic has been released with significant upgrades.

Capture One Pro has been recently updated.

The list goes on.

DxO is obviously distracted by ONE and has abandoned their commitment to their software. Any competent company that has a real commitment to their software would see what’s going on with the landscape of their competition and would have already made an announcement regarding upcoming software releases. It sounds to me like DxO doesn’t have much at all to announce and is scrambling at the very last minute to hobble something together.

Sigi

• Gallery
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2017, 09:48:07 pm »
Hello afoxson,

relax - something nice is coming

Sigi

Allsop

• Andrew-Bede Allsop
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2017, 06:45:50 am »
Hello afoxson,

Sigi

Good advice. I often think that we men need to remember the old rhyme:

"Patience is a virtue
have it if you can,
Seldom found in woman,
Never found in man!"
 :)

Nick_

« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2017, 02:12:15 pm »
It’s very disappointing that still absolutely no official messaging has been released by DxO regarding OpticsPro, ViewPoint or FilmPack as yet. DxO seems to have very serious issues communicating and managing its relationship with its user base. Many thousands of photographers across the world will be spending sizable amounts of money on photography software upgrades in the coming weeks, yet the absolute silence coming from DxO is both deafening and unacceptable. Had I known prior how poor DxO is with customer engagement, I would never have invested into the system of the aforementioned three products.
That's the type of chance DxO is taking: putting off its prospects and/or its customers and shaking their loyalty.

DxO is obviously distracted by ONE and has abandoned their commitment to their software. Any competent company that has a real commitment to their software would see what’s going on with the landscape of their competition and would have already made an announcement regarding upcoming software releases. It sounds to me like DxO doesn’t have much at all to announce and is scrambling at the very last minute to hobble something together.
And that's yet another chance DxO is taking: giving way to speculations and rumors.

Sigi
Good advice. I often think that we men need to remember the old rhyme:
"Patience is a virtue
have it if you can,
Seldom found in woman,
Never found in man!"
 :)
Hey folks! get real. We are not kids excited about Christmas and the prospect of getting new toys from our parents.
We are customers of a product we use as a tool. I have only one concern: do the tool I use fit my needs. Period. I don't care at all about the logo that's on it.
If I find a tool that meets my specs better I'll go for it and drop the old one like I did with Adobe's softs. I did that several times in the past.
And a company that doesn't communicate properly with me loses a star or two in my rating. DxO doesn't think so? OK. I may eventually vote with my feet.

Nick

Bencsi

« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2017, 05:13:03 pm »
Hi Nick,

I do not want to convince you to stay - or return to - DxO.
However, only 72 hours you have to wait to get the proper info.

The promotional policy is different brand by brand. Doesn't matter we like it or hate it. The companies pay for advertisement companies to place a plan for new product release action. We users are far behind this level, do not be angry about.

In the past I was an international brand East European center's director. Regardless I tried to convince my boss in Japan, the advertising policy is different in my territory, they simple neglect. Than I learned, " it's not my job ". If something favorable I like, if not - simple execute.

The recent set of developments are based on customer demand, if you are interesting - you will love it.

Good luck

Endre
« Last Edit: Today at 08:27:59 am by Bencsi »
Win7/64 PC, i7-3770, 3.9GHz, 24G RAM, Intel HD-4000 GPU, 27" calibrated LG monitor 1920*1080 px res. 82 DPI

Allsop

• Andrew-Bede Allsop
« Reply #44 on: Today at 06:57:04 am »
I am struggling to think of any other consumer industry who allows customer feedback & input as does the software industry. I am also struggling to think of any other industry that actively maintains consumer "discussions" in the form of online forums as does the software industry. Can you imagine an online business that sells any other product than computer related products doing this? Why, I wonder, should we consumers expect to have so much influence on what is on offer and how the product line is developed? I am not saying that it is a bad thing that we have so much influence and, yes, power but it is to my mind a little strange that this dichotomy exists; there is no reason that it should be so, after all businesses surely have the right to run their businesses as they want to and if they do not want consumers to have excessive influence in the way they run their business then why should we feel aggrieved?

photography