Author Topic: Cropping on every image gets reset on program change or start  (Read 311 times)

jsh

Cropping on every image gets reset on program change or start
« on: September 26, 2017, 06:43:07 am »
Hello all.

Anyone ever seen a case where after editing a bunch of raw images for color, exposure, cropping, etc. and after generating jpegs from them successfully, the next thing you do in the program (anything) starts a process which resets the crop to some default on every single image seen in the bottom window?

It's happened to me twice now with one particularly large set of images requiring me to re-crop the entire set once. I managed to get output fine, then when I tried to re-export to a smaller size set, DXO marched through and reset the crops.

I closed DXO, re-opened it, and it happened again with no software controls touched at all.

I've had no problem with thousands of earlier photos so something about this directory of raw files, etc. must be a mess. The .dop files are all there for the images I was processing.

I am going to experiment with a fresh set of photos, but wonder if anyone has every seen such behavior out of DXO. Perhaps I have some flag set.

Also, it is normal for the .dop file to be written during export?

Sincerely,
John

Bencsi

Re: Cropping on every image gets reset on program change or start
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 09:27:07 am »
Hi John,

Let me start at the end. Yes, the .dop file generated when you leave the particular image editing. Export is also a kind of editing.
The Crop reset during Export was also my headache in the past. The only way I was able to avoid was to set Crop tool inactive before select the images to Export. Usually the Crop tool is active on the last edited image when select the image set to export. This selection allow to set Crop for all images. This is what you have to avoid. Try it.

Endre
Win7/64 PC, i7-3770, 3.9GHz, 24G RAM, Intel HD-4000 GPU, 27" calibrated LG monitor 1920*1080 px res. 82 DPI

Nick_

Re: Cropping on every image gets reset on program change or start
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 11:28:34 am »
I don't know if it's the same case: it happened to me several times to inadvertantly keep several images selected as I wanted to do some settings to only one, cropping for example. Then all images get the same settings. Like you, a couple of times I had to apply my settings again on each one.
Nick

photography